Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Duration: 6 months
Location: North Wales, PA
**Must have strong excel
The Cost Accountant monitors day to day inventory transactions to ensure manufactured inventory is properly reported in the financial statements as well as perform in depth analysis on a plant level for inventory and COGS. This position interacts with counterparts within the USA. The duties are diversified and involve an advanced knowledge of Cost Accounting principles as well as the proper use of judgment in determining appropriate course of action. The incumbent prepares inventory related reports to complete the month end close process. The Cost Accountant II works under minimal supervision, in accordance with established procedures and directly supports the Manager, Cost Accounting.
1. Monitor day to day reporting of plant transactions:
• Review transactions related to creation of products (i.e. receipts, scrap, transfers, production batches, cost variances, obsolescence and cost of sales) to ensure sub ledger accuracy.
• Maintain subledger account set up to ensure transactions are posted timely and accurately.
• Work closely with Plant Controllers to analyze obsolescence by creating reports and attending monthly meetings discussing plant activities. 40%
2. Responsible for the following activities during month end close process:
• Create and maintain schedules for at risk inventory and obsolescence inventory at the plant level on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for importing specific plant cost subledgers and inventory reconciliation to GL. Also reconcile other related balance sheet accounts for specific plants.
• Perform allocations based on finished good receipts monthly for mass cost changes as well as LOH apportionment review.
• Review and reconcile inventory at the plant level related to R&D activities as well as Manufacturing activities.
• Monitor inventory at outside mfgr's to ensure transactions are completed accurately and inventory is reconciled.
• Create plant level schedules regarding sku level details of required inventory and COGS information for the Plant Controllers.
• Reconcile on hand and in transit inventory reports to GL monthly.
• Reconcile uninvoiced inventory monthly for all products received in distribution facilities.
• Submit completed reconciliations using online tools monthly.
• Create inventory and COGS flux analysis for specific plants monthly. 35%
3. Build and analyze standards in multiple ERP systems. Build cost comparison reports and explain YOY changes. 10%
4. Maintain good relationship with stakeholders to ensure reports are shared timely and there is collaboration across countries and departments to solve issues quickly and accurately. 10%
5. Other duties as assigned or as business needs require. 5%
6. Follows Client Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures.
• Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Education Preferred Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• Experience Required: 5+ year's general accounting experience in a mid to large multi-national public company with a recent emphasis on Plant manufacturing.
• Experience Preferred: 3+ years cost accounting experience in a mid to large public company with an emphasis on plant manufacturing.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge, License, Certifications needed:
• Oracle (11.5.10 or greater).
• SAP/JDE Background preferred
• Excel (2007 or higher) complex functions and formulas (pivot tables, lookup tables, graphs, importing and exporting).
• Access (2007 or higher) ability to manage large databases, create queries and forms.
Functional Knowledge and skills:
• Ability to read and interpret documents, such as operating instructions, standard accounting and corporate procedure manuals.
• Standard/Actual Costing
• Ability to present information clearly to management through written reports and correspondence as well as clear oral communication.
• Ability to communicate to others around the world whose second language is English.
• The ability to calculate complex cost accounting formulas such as: inventory turns, net realizable value, gross margin, inter-company eliminations.
• Ability to manipulate large databases.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• This position has regular contact with others requiring tact and courtesy to avoid friction.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
• There is full and complete access to important and extremely sensitive information regarding customer relations which requires high integrity to safeguard Client's position.
• Ability to work overtime
Shiva Prasad | Senior Recruiter
Sunrise Systems Inc.
Desk: (732) 272 0346
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | URL: www.sunrisesys.com
Apply by creating/using an account