Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: FPA Business Partner
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6 months
Contract on W2
Looking for a full-time, ITS Business Partner with an expertise in Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Client Business Solutions (CBS) team in the Global Information Technology Services department. This position will be based in Downtown Houston, Texas. The Information Technology Services team is a dynamic group dedicated to providing cost effective and technically advanced solutions to support the Company's global business team. Join a team recognized in the industry for compliance and security expertise, on-time project delivery and outstanding customer service.
The new ITS Business Partner will actively lead business process design and improvement efforts and provide information technology consulting support to the client group for the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis functions. The primary result is the designing, automation and integration of business processes to create value through productivity gains, improved business performance and improved decision support. This Business Partner position combines functional and technical knowledge to help customers develop/select solutions that improve their operations.
• Regularly identify and articulate process improvement opportunities as a result of partnering with the business users
• Work closely with business users to document clear business requirements to support improvement opportunities
• Work with Technical staff to assist with the design, develop and implementation of automation alternatives
• Seek out and refine organizational readiness activities to achieve sustained benefits
• Work closely with business users and management to utilize ITS systems and tools to drive operational excellence
• Stay current with fast changing SAP technologies and best practices
• Collaborate with the Client Business Solutions (CBS) group to achieve sustained growth
Other Areas of Accountability
• Internal Consultancy Services: Managing Project, Enhancement, General Functional and Unlisted Software Requests. Create business requirement documents, evaluate solution alternatives, and create funding proposals.
• Portfolio Management: Develop long-term planning of ITS solutions and systems that align with business priorities. Also called "Programs of Work” providing a clear framework and direction for ITS activity supporting each business segment.
• Project/Enhancement Delivery: Project Management of small to medium projects. Utilizing a standard SDLC process to consistently deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality and agreed upon scope.
• Customer Communication: monthly reports, site liaison and field service partnership to increase the awareness of ITS activity and capabilities.
• Incident Management: Be an advocate of the customer to solve non-routine issues, identifying trends and general incident reduction by engaging various ITS functions.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in a related business function such as ITS, Finance, Accounting or other relative discipline
• A minimum of 5 years (7- 10 years' experience preferred) of business and/or management experience in increasingly responsible positions
• Experience in some combination of business process re-engineering, change management and/or ITS systems implementation as they relate to corporate Finance functions
• Exposure to the following Financial Planning & Analysis functions -
o Monthly Driver Based Forecasting and Planning
o LRP Long Range Planning
o Variance Analysis
o Management Reporting
o Consolidated Financial Statements
o Role Based Security
• Strong working knowledge of the SAP BPC module is preferred
• Be a credible partner with LyondellBasell Financial Planning & Analysis department internal customers
• Candidate must demonstrate strong collaboration, interpersonal and communication skills to become a uniting force that can articulate and sell the benefits of solutions.
• Skilled in communication with various organizational levels
• Must be capable of establishing influential and collaborative relationships at organizational various levels
• Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance and display strong leadership skills
• Must be able to deal with ambiguity in order to get work completed
• Working experience in a large, publically held multi-national company will be highly beneficial
Apply by creating/using an account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.