Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Technical Writer II
Location: Channelview, TX
Location: 6 months
TWIC will be required. Will be working with field personnel to interpret procedures and P&IDs and produce a written document. Candidates with field experience in a chemical plant environment and technical writing experience will be considered first. Technical writer experience with companies such as TDS and Systran etc. a plus.
Will be working with field personnel to interpret procedures and P&IDs and produce a written document. Candidates with field experience in a chemical plant environment and technical writing experience will be considered first.
Develops, writes, and edits material for reports, manuals, and related technical and administrative publications in print or electronic media by performing the following duties. Receive and complete assignments from supervisor.
Essential Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Observes production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
• Interviews production and engineering personnel and reads journals, reports, and procedures to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• Reviews manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
• Studies and interprets piping and instrument diagrams, equipment specification sheets, sketches, drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
• Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Ability to work at a 95% accuracy rate.
• Review published materials and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
• Maintains records and files of work and revisions.
• Selects drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material in Visio.
• Prepares or arranges for preparation of index.
• Assists in laying out material for publication.
• Arranges for formatting, reproduction, and distribution of material.
• Analytical - Collect and research data
• Design work flows and procedures
• Ability to demonstrate strong technical skills
• Attention to detail
• Capability to Assess own strengths and weaknesses
• Must be someone who strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
• Willingness and dedication to share expertise with others.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to write clearly and informatively
• Ability to efficiently edit work for spelling, grammar and technical accuracy
• Capability to vary writing style to meet needs
• Ability to present numerical data effectively
• Ability to read and interpret written information
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and legal documents
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Must be proficient using Microsoft Office and Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Visio Technical
• Working knowledge of document scanning hardware and software
• Ability to scan multiple page documents using optical character recognition (OCR) functions then review, edit, and save scanned images.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• TWIC card required on first day of employment.
• 3-6 years related experience
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school (nice to have but not required)
• Chemical plant experience is a plus
• Technical writer experience with companies such as TDS and Systran etc. a plus
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client policies and procedures.
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to email@example.com with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.