Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI)
Enterprise Infrastructure (EI) is the global technology group that delivers the software and hardware technology solutions that make our businesses run. The team manages the production, operations, and engineering of our data centers, voice and data networking solutions, wireless technologies, server and database operations, desktops, servers and mainframes.
Within Enterprise Infrastructure, the Enterprise Computing team is seeking a skilled load-balancer engineer. This team engineers, integrates and hosts managed hardware and software load-balancing infrastructure on which thousands of applications delivered to both internal and external clients. The role principally involves acting as a subject matter expert for network load-balancing on F5 and A10 platforms, engineering the load-balancer plant and its related tooling and automations. A successful applicant will be involved with our drive toward more agile infrastructure, engineering scalable application delivery solutions for our cloud-like hosting platform services both in the public and private arenas. This role involves building and maintaining relationships with business unit-facing technical groups utilising the team's products, providing consultancy to them and helping to engineer products and solutions that help meet their needs.
- Creating & integrating self-service automation tools with load-balancer infrastructure
- Engineering reusable load-balancer configurations, including advanced irule/aflex rule scripting
- Assessing new technologies and vendors for potential future adoption
- Testing & certification of new products and product versions
- Interfacing with key internal customers to help produce solutions that meet business requirements
- Peering with infrastructure engineering teams to help integrate dependent services
- Acting as an escalation point for our operations team, helping to troubleshoot issues at network through application layers *LI-JB2
- Experience with hardware load-balancing technologies, particularly F5 LTM/GTM and/or A10 platforms
- Experience in network architecture & design
- Knowledge of template engines such as Freemarker and Template Toolkit
- Understanding of network protocols such as 802.1Q, ARP, HSRP/VRRP, LACP and particularly TCP/IP at its various layers
- Working knowledge of routing and dynamic protocols such as BGP or OSPF
- Fundamental understanding of Linux/Unix and Windows operating systems
- An understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience with integrating enterprise infrastructure tooling
- Basic knowledge of common L7 protocols like HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/FIX/DNS/LDAP
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.