Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Sr. Software Engineer/Sr. Java Developer (Only W2)
Location: Ann Arbor MI
Contract: 6 months (Right to Hire)
Interview Type: Face to Face
(Only US Citizen and Green Card)
Job Duties and Description:
The Senior Software Engineer will perform complex software design tasks and will provide thought leadership on the design, development, build, deploy and maintenance of complex systems/products/projects.
This role will serve as an SME on a particular system or product or application and will be required to gain complete understanding of business requirements and communicate them to development teams. This role will mentor and lead junior software engineers/developers while ensuring development practices are in line with company best practices and policies
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
This role will be part of the team responsible for the re-architecture, design, development and launch of the next generation code base aligned to the future state platform architecture.
• Performs product design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
• Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation. Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
• Leads moderate to highly complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
• A key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions
• Will interface with Enterprise Architecture & Infrastructure teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
• Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
• Mentors more junior engineers/developers, serves as an SME on their system of expertise and directs the work and assigns development tasks of junior engineers/developers.
• 5+ Years of Java, J2EE and web/internet based programming experience (both client and server side)
• 5+ Experience with OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real time processing, relational database systems, messaging systems
• Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns (GoF)
• Experience with agile, test-driven development
• Experience with rich UI frameworks like Angular JS, jQuery, DOJO, Ajax, HTML 5, Swing, Java FX or similar frameworks/APIs
• Experience with application development frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JSF, Struts or similar frameworks
• Experience with SOA and Web Services
• Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
• Experience with build, deploy and test automation tools like Ant, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Chef, Junit, Test NJ, Selenium or similar tools
• Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
• Experience in developing APIs and Frameworks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
# of Years Required:
5+ Years of Core Java, Core Java, Core Java and web/internet based programming experience (both client and server side)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Apply by creating/using an account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.