Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Buyer I (BIT)
Job Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 6 months (potential for long term)
TWIC required by first date of assignment. Buyer In Training role. SAP preferred but not absolutely required. Refinery and/or petrochemical experience is preferred. Prior experience at a plant is a plus. Mostly transactional work (auto-PO's, building spreadsheets, enter procurement data in SAP). This position supports client's project execution by procuring required materials and equipment efficiently and effectively in accordance with all applicable client's policies and procedures.
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Place orders for all material and services under client's work direction.
• Entering requisitions in SAP for materials to be purchased.
• Substituting lower cost, safe, quality material, services, and/or equipment.
• Controlling purchase order budgets by contractor.
• Review/audit contractors' and subcontractors' purchasing documentation.
• Maintaining and updating off-site library repositories as required by agencies.
• Assuring all change orders are properly documented and processed.
• Material Management SAP Functionality.
• Coordinates dispositioning of surplus and salvage through investment recovery across multiple projects to reduce costs.
• Standardize tools, equipment, and supplies as required across several projects to reduce cost.
• Coordination of construction contractor materials and supplies.
• Expediting materials and supplies.
• Support CPI initiatives and utilize Procurement Card Program.
• Purchases volume $.5 - $3 million.
• Ability to train in multi-discipline vendor accounting and manufacturing industries with specific expertise in procurement and auditing.
• Ability to demonstrate good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in the use of common office and technical software (Microsoft Office Suite, email, Windows, etc.).
• Must be able to demonstrate good analytical and decision-making skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Proficient with SAP and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access)
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Minimum 2 years professional experience.
• BS in technical area of specialization or business administration
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client policies and procedures.
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.