Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Strategic Initiatives Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategies within the Strategic Insurance Businesses (SIB), which include Advanced Markets Network (AMN), Long-Term Care Insurance (LTCi), Group Membership Associations (GMA), NYL Direct and Strategic Technology Investments Group (STIG). Working directly with the heads of these businesses, especially AMN, LTCi and GMA, the individual will bring analytical rigor and business insight to the development of strategies designed to set direction and overcome a broad range of business challenges. Strategic initiatives may be business-specific or span across multiple businesses. The individual will also provide strategic oversight throughout the execution/implementation of the initiative to deliver tangible, desired business outcomes.
This individual will serve as a member of the senior leadership team for each of AMN, LTC and GMA. Flexibility to travel to the primary business sites (New York City; Westchester, NY; Austin, TX; and Kansas City, KS) is required. The individual will also engage regularly with the senior vice president and head of SIB.
· Collaborate effectively with SIB senior leadership and department team members in the development and execution of strategic initiatives
· Develop strategies and tactics designed to achieve business objectives
‒ Research industry trends, competitor dynamics and current events and provide relevant business insights based on an understanding of each SIB business
‒ Leverage established strategy frameworks (e.g., SWOT, Porter's Five Forces, Value Chain, Resourced-Based View of the Firm, etc.) for analyzing business situations and challenges
‒ Collect, organize and manage data need to perform strategic analysis
‒ Perform quantitative and financial analysis, including cost-benefit analyses
‒ Coach and lead department members through structured problem solving and financial analysis.
· Communicate and help secure approval of recommended strategies and tactics
‒ Prepare and present business cases, analyses, presentations and other materials that clearly communicate business insights, recommended strategies and the proposed approaches for implementing the strategies
· Lead and manage multiple strategic initiatives during the execution/implementation phase
‒ Identify, acquire and manage needed resources
‒ Develop project plans and accountabilities
‒ Schedule meetings and events
‒ Ensure appropriate governance and oversight
‒ Regularly communicate, orally and in writing, the progress and status of initiatives to all stakeholders
· Support other strategic initiatives, special projects, task forces, etc. by serving as a valued resource, team member and contributor, as appropriate
· Significant work experience (minimum of 10 years preferred) in a corporate strategy group or a role with high strategic impact at a financial services company, consulting firm, or other large company.
· MBA or comparable advanced degree preferred
· Deep quantitative analysis skills with demonstrated ability to translate analysis into business insights
· Excellent research skills with experience in market and company analysis
· Strong analytical approach; structured thinker
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, enabling the efficient creation and presentation of a broad range of materials, including business cases, analyses, presentations and status updates
· Demonstrated leadership experience involving individuals at all levels of seniority
· Team player with experience working both in teams and as an individual contributor
· Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
Apply by creating/using an account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to email@example.com with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.