Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We are a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Technology works as a strategic partner with the company's business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. The company's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
You will be part of the CEDAR team, with specific focus on managing the development resources allocated to the program. This will include future enhancements to the data feeds for CEDAR, the ETL processing of that data as well as the development work required for the CEDAR UI. In this role you will be accountable to the Technology & Information Risk (TIR) business clients as well as the Technology teams that share the Open Pages (eGRC) data warehouse platform.
• Manage the onshore and offshore development resources that are comprised of ETL workflows (Informatica), database development (Sybase/DB2), web based UI (JAVA), and batch stream processing (UNIX/Autosys).
• Point of contact for data analysis on source systems, data expert of data mappings and transformation rules, SME capable of understanding the architecture and data flow in/out of CEDAR.
• Maintain and enforce data model design principles, architecture and coding standards, best practices adhering to the current SDLC framework of LCR policies and procedures.
• Lead the technical efforts for vetting new software tools, packages, custom software, proof of concept systems ensuring current technical needs as well as future assessment for scalability, efficiency, and optimal performance capacity.
• You will be working closely with the Business Analyst and Data Modeler to review business requirements, understand business processes, data entities, data producers, consumers, and the data dependencies between various departments. In turn, you will lead the development efforts and day-to-day meetings with offshore resources adhering to project plan deadlines and deliverables.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field required.
• At least 10 years of experience as a developer with 5 years prior experience of managing onshore and offshore teams.
• Experience in ETL Informatica, Data Quality tools, and Data Debugging tools. Unix and Autosys knowledge is preferred. Any JAVA experience is a plus.
• At least 10 years of PL/SQL experience with the ability to write complex queries to perform data analysis. A preference is given to DB2 v10+ databases.
• At least 5 years of experience working on Business Intelligence\Business Analytics\Data Warehouse solutions.
• Experience with IBM Cognos BI v8+ and IBM Open Pages is a plus.
• Strong data analysis and data profiling skills, as well as knowledge of principles, techniques, and best practices of Enterprise Data Warehouse Frameworks and Database design.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills. Must be a team leader and able to shift gears based on business demand and competing priorities. Must be well organized and able to tailor communication based on the audience and level (clients versus technical staff).
• Must be able to lead and work with staff in multiple time zones with emphasis on team building, mentoring and coaching junior staff.
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to email@example.com with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.