Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
our client is looking for a production support engineer in sunnyvale, CA. if interested, please apply to this ad or send your resume and contact details with the job # and job title in the subject line to email@example.com
Client is a proprietary software system used to detect fraud, waste and abuse in healthcare claims processing. The Production Support Engineer position calls for participation in
ongoing maintenance of client systems for all customer sites and providing assistance to other members of the client team and customers in day-to-day operations of client.
With guidance from the Production Support Team Lead:
- Deploy product updates and fixes to customer sites and maintain records of such activity.
- Participate in the analysis and improvement of the deployment process.
- Identify and resolve complex problems including directly handling efforts to identify root cause of data quality issues and complete complex data investigations.
- Make appropriate use of product support resources such as product support staff and the Salesforce system.
- Perform quality assurance testing on production systems and during system construction.
- Perform routine and special maintenance efforts related to customer data.
- Carry out system integration testing of new version releases.
- Create and maintain documentation for all processes.
- Create process improvements to streamline tasks, including running pre-defined scripts and writing new scripts to improve process.
- Provide status updates to team lead and various groups involved with accounts.
- Manage own projects to meet high standards for quality, thoroughness and on-time delivery.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete work within allocated time frames.
- 3 or more years of experience in a production environment.
- 3 or more years of experience working with large data sets in relational databases, preferably using MySQL.
- Logical/technical mindset and problem solving skills that enable understanding of processes, an ability to work within and around the processes and understand, identify and resolve
problems in the process.
- Strong PC skills with experience in Microsoft Windows Server operating systems, particularly 2003 and 2008 versions.
- Expertise with Windows batch scripts and other tools to automate tasks.
- Experience with Windows administration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at various levels in the organization.
- High attention to detail with great organizational skills
- Ability to deal with a fast paced production environment.
- Experience with virtualized computing environments, especially using VMware products preferred.
- Client/server database experience in a Windows environment preferred.
- DBA experience with RDBMS systems preferred.
- Healthcare information/claims processing background preferred.
- Software development experience and SDLC knowledge are a big plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, social sciences or healthcare-related field.
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.