Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Performs general administrative duties to support day-to-day department operations in such areas as telephone coverage, scheduling of meetings, travel arrangements, expense reporting, calendar management, taking and distributing meeting minutes, copying, screening mail, ordering supplies, and maintaining department records.
Prepare correspondence; memorandum; reports; presentations or other assigned documentation in specified software package. Assist in preparing and maintaining departmental budget. Administer programs; projects or processes specific to the operating unit served; and maintains spreadsheets or databases to monitor departmental information. May research special topics as assigned. Serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company. Develop and produce reports as assigned. May monitor and coordinate work of other employees or temporaries.
Why this role:
• Admin to the SVP is an important role. Candidate would be contributing to the overall success of the Strategic Program Management office. The exposure to a truly global organization with groups around the world, in different offices/locations/time zones is an opportunity that you can't get at many other organizations in the STL area. The work is satisfying, fast paced, dynamic and meaningful. Client is an award winning employer in many categories – Readers' Choice Top 50 Employer, named one of the Best Companies for Millennials, Women's choice award and more. It's a great place to work.
• How did this role come about?
• My Part-time admin was promoted and took a new position in the company
• Describe your team (Purpose/Culture/Size)
• Purpose: Strategic Program Management SPM (Strategy execution work)
• Culture: Fast-moving, tight knit, high-performing TEAM
• Size: 47 total (this role will directly help 1 and indirectly help 6 more)
• Describe the position
• What will a typical work day look like for this contractor?
• Admin to the Senior Vice President (SVP) for SPM Processing. Days would likely not be typical - could be any of the following:
• Manage executive appointments/calendar,
• Booking complex-multi-country international travel,
• coordinating meetings dates/times with other exec mgmt. admins,
• coordinating logistics of large meetings/team outings – locations/rooms, video conferencing, skype setup, food, catering, materials prep, confirmation of attendees, hotel reservations for guest, agenda creation etc
• preparation/tracking of expense reports for SVP
• prepare documentation/budgets/presentations
• Support the SVP and team as needed
• What will the work schedule be?
• 8 – 5ish as close to Full time as I can get
• Will there be any travel/remote work involved?
• What are your top 3 required technical skills?
1. Executive-level assistant experience – especially
a. Ability to book/make changes to international travel (via Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT) eTraveler web site) (CWT specific experience is not required but need similar experience booking travel via travel agent website).
b. Ability to create/manage expense reporting – via Oracle Financial application – Oracle application is not specific requirement but must have similar experience creating and managing expense reports
2. Microsoft Office experienced user – Outlook email and calendar, Word/Excel/PowerPoint (Microsoft Office - MUST have)
3. Coordinating large meetings/group events (Microsoft Office/Communication Skills) – able to make reservations, buy tickets, plan and execute logistics of events
• What soft skills would you like to see in a candidate?
• FLEXIBILITY and be able to work with Ambiguity – things change all the time, organization, communication. Needs to have great attitude when change occurs. (MUST have)
• Experience: 3-5+ years (executive level experience – MUST have)
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Is there an opportunity for conversion/extension?
• Is there anything that would automatically disqualify a candidate?
• Too rigid, not able to adapt to change
• What will be your interview process? (phone, skype, on site) – Local candidate
• 1st round - phone interview
• 2nd round – preferably on-site
• Do you have an upcoming OOO's which could potentially halt the sourcing process?
• No – I will be away from office but will manage sourcing process remotely to keep this moving.
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.