Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Title: Non Income Tax Specialist
Responsible for the timely and accurate response to all internal and external sales tax questions related to
the products and services sold or purchased by Grainger. Additionally, this individual is responsible for the
review and acceptance of all sales tax exemption documentation and is required to directly interact with
both internal and external customers to ensure Grainger receives the appropriate documentation.
• Active involvement in development and cross training of subordinate team members
• Follows policies and procedures for acceptance of customer provided exemption certificates, identifies instances for process improvements
• Follows policies and procedures for resolving customer sales tax disputes, identified instances for process improvement.
• Accountable for maintaining best in class customer service experience regarding sales tax billing issues
• Resolves customer sales tax issues promptly and accurately to maintain high level of customer service
• Review and approve (within pre determined approval limits) adjustment for tax balances on customer accounts when customer has valid exemption certificate on file.
• Contact customers without valid certificates concerning short payments to confirm to company’s tax status. Partners with customers through this process to help educate on acceptable documentation.
• Analyzes legislative changes for impacts on jurisdictional sales exemption documentation. Recommends solutions to ensure compliance, documents all resulting process changes. Prepare monthly sales tax exemption legislative summaries for management review.
• Review and approve customer provided exemption documentation.
• Utilizing tax research tools, research state tax laws to determine the appropriate taxation of products and services sold by Grainger configure SAP as needed.
• Draft quarterly nexus review correspondence with field sales, maintain a file of all responses and draft findings summary for management review.
• Minimum 3 years of multi state sales tax experience
• Moderate/Advanced understanding of sales exemption certificate review process
• Moderate/Advanced knowledge of sales and use tax laws and concepts
• Moderate/Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Moderate/Advanced time management skills and organization abilities with attention to detail
• Moderate/Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Work effectively with internal and external peers, subordinates and management
• Demonstrated ability to train and develop team members to effectively transfer knowledge
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to email@example.com with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.