Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Sr. Engineer, Software Engineering (Speciality)
Job Location: O'Fallon, MO
Job Duration: 12 months
LinkedIn ID Required
We are a St. Louis based business operations team supporting high value, traditional and cloud native applications. We are looking for a brilliant and passionate BizOps engineer to join our team.
• The role of Engineer, Business Operations (Commercial) is to be the production readiness steward for the platform, by managing, mitigating, or elevating awareness of the business risk of all customer interactions with Client's technology platforms. Specifically, this role will be responsible for the Customer Readiness of our Digital Foundation applications.
• Support the Release process for each application with a hyper focus on operational readiness of our releases by understanding the business implications, specific to operations and ensuring we have minimal to zero customer impacts due to missed operational requirements.
• Streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities for deployment of our releases.
• Centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders
• Align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
• Takes focus on the software release cycles and puts emphasis towards Quality deliverables.
• Responsible for coordinating with Development, Architecture, Quality Engineering, Product, and other BizOps teams to ensure our releases have met our gating requirements prior to being promoted into higher customer facing environments.
• Develops plans to improve quality for each release that impacts the platform.
• Ensures Release deployment procedures and gating requirements are developed with best practices and standards and are well documented.
• Exhibit solid foundation of programming practices
• Coaches junior level employees on Business Operations best practices.
• Navigate and adapt quickly to a dynamic and collaborative work environment
• Must be self-driven and willing to accept challenges assigned to them, but also constantly strives to identify improvement efficiencies (tools, process, etc.)
All about you:
Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Experience with Shell scripting (3+ years) and Java programming (Core Java 4+ years)
• Understanding of the 3 Tier Security Architecture
• SQL for interacting with Relational Databases
• Experience in application development lifecycles and how it integrates with operations
• Successful track record in supporting a production application
• Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships
• Web Services knowledge (top-down / wsdl-first approach)
• Solid knowledge of and experience in Object Oriented Design
• Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency
• Identifying and communicating risks proactively that can prevent incidents
• Experience with Cloud based Infrastructure such as Azure or AWS
• Experience working with advance performance tooling like Dynatrace
• Exposure to BASH, PERL\Python and automation tools (not limited to Ruby, Chef, Jenkins 2, Puppet)
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technologies or equivalent work experiences
• Experience with Rally / ALM
• Experience with SAFe methodology and Release Management practices
• Project Management which includes facilitation, coordination, and communication
Apply by creating/using an account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to email@example.com with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.