Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Originals Royalty Specialist
The position of Originals Royalty Specialist will have direct involvement with timely and accurate processing of 's royalty reporting and related payment processes. This position will handle day to day internal and external inquiries related to royalties, collaborate with internal partners, and bring visibility and improvements to our royalty systems and end to end royalty payment process.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, a quick learner, and will have the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority responsibilities. Candidate must have high regard for customer satisfaction (external and internal) and demonstrate strong client management & delivery skills. Candidate must possess advanced excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, VLOOKUPS), have experience working with large data files, and be comfortable with formatting large amounts of data to achieve the required results/reports. Database (SQL, Microsoft Access) knowledge is highly desired. Experience with entertainment participations (film, television, music) preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a customer-obsessed company whose main priority is to evaluate what would work best for the customer and 'work backwards', we bring passion and dedication when working with external and external partners. In this role, you will need to:
· Generate manual participation statements for original content based
· Ensure all contractual obligations are met for all original content participations
· Prepare accurate reconciliations and controls related to roll-forward balances, advance allocations, and completeness
· Provide timely & researched communication to internal and external contacts related to royalties
· Manage queries (internal or external) through ticketing system
· Research and resolution of all failed and returned payments
· Initiate, drive and implement improvements of royalty processes and become subject matter expert of originals royalty payments process
· Weekly/monthly/Quarterly metrics reporting and analysis
· Ad hoc reports and analysis as required
· Basic understanding of Intellectual Property Licensing/ (Royalty) rights
· Familiarity with W-9, W-8BEN, and 1099 forms and reporting requirements a plus (track and account for tax withholding)
· Understanding of royalty and finance related concepts (i.e. returns, net sales, accruals, journal entries)
· Work with other departments that interface with royalty department
· Be committed to having all assigned responsibilities completed accurately and on time.
· Minimum 3 – 5 years royalty experience
· Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Proven ability to interact with various departments across an organization
· Previous new system/process implementation experience which includes identifying gaps where system enhancements can be made
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, finance or related field
· Strong Excel skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Strong sense of urgency with all work-related tasks
· Self-motivated and organized
· Ability to operate in a high-energy, high-intensity environment
· Entrepreneurial attitude and work ethic
· Ability to multi-task with various projects
· SQL, Hyperion, NetSuite, Microsoft Access experience a plus
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.