Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
We are actively seeking a Supervisor, Production Technical Support to lead our 2nd shift team in our Deer Park facility. This role is in our Customer Communications Division, which offers a full range of multi-channel communications solutions, such as integrated print, mail and digital solutions for transactional, marketing and compliance communications.
In this role, you will oversee and provide technical and mechanical support to 12-16 full time and temporary production mechanics. You will monitor all work in progress ensuring that a constant production workflow is maintained. You'll be responsible for maintaining our parts inventory and monitoring records of preventative maintenance performed on equipment. You'll ensure repairs are completed in a timely fashion and maintenance occurs according to scheduled deadlines.
You will keep informed of all new technology and equipment used by the technical support and production operations. You'll work with production technicians and production operators to ensure SLAs are being met.
- Monitoring daily reports on output and equipment downtime, giving feedback to department personnel, and improving machine throughput.
- You will be accountable to meet or exceed Cost Per Unit targets on your shift (i.e. labor costs, overtime, inventory control etc.).
- Mentoring, counseling, motivating, developing, supporting, encouraging and instructing all technicians reporting to you.
- You will ensure all administrative work is filled out properly, monitoring and following departmental procedures.
- Reporting any client problems or any service degradation that may cause potential client problems.
- Communicating improvement ideas associates may have regarding service quality or client satisfaction.
- You will provide regular updates to senior management regarding strategic work and scheduling issues.
- Participating in equipment maintenance floor work as needed, but floor work is not the primary function of the position.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial) preferred
- 2 to 3 years of leadership experience
- Technical knowledge regarding operation and repair of production equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office products and strong communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills allowing you to prioritize, multitask, manage multiple priorities at a time and recognize the importance of deadlines.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a team environment with various personality types to get the work done. Ability to relate well and show respect for others.
- Flexibility for overtime as needed (which may involve weekends and holidays, especially during peak periods such as month and quarter-ends, and proxy season which runs March - May).
- The ability to consistently work Monday - Friday 5:00 PM - 1:30 AM is required (shift differential applies).
Skills and Certifications [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Technical skills - knowledge of how automated machinery operates and how to troubleshoot problems
2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
We are looking for a high potential, emerging candidate. A self-starter who is willing to work hard and looking to grow in his/her career. Ideally, some technical experience (which could be through schooling/college, i.e. degrees in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering) and some leadership experience.
Candidates with a military background may be a nice match if they have experience troubleshooting equipment (i.e. aircraft or naval vessels) and were a NCO or similar.
The ability to work the night shift as outlined above is required. The position is salaried and has an annual bonus target of 10% of base pay. There is a 3.5% differential added to base pay for the night shift position.
Why we're a great company
We provide advanced communications, technology, data and analytics solutions for the financial services industry and businesses.
Client has been named to FORTUNE Magazine's 2018 World's Most Admired Companies list within the Financial Data Services category. This marks the fifth year we've been included on this prestigious list, which is considered one of the leading measures of corporate reputation among the world's largest companies.
We have also been recognized for being one of the top large employers to work for in the state of NY for many years as well as as for our focus on diversity & inclusion. We're growing and have a great future ahead of us.
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.