Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Programmer Analyst II
Location: Trenton NJ
Understand current functionality, design, and limitations of the current database and create a new system/database that can automate the transfer of all necessary data to the Fiscal Intermediary. Other related duties that may evolve during the process.
1. Experience in relational database design, including but not limited to table normalization principles, identifying and defining proper primary and foreign keys, and expertise selecting proper data types for fields based on their intended content (ex: the state has many numeric code values which contain leading zeros which in many cases must be defined as character fields rather than numeric or joins to other data sources or even lookup tables will not work properly.)
2. Experience deciphering (and writing) T-SQL statements in query SQL View and VBA code (without the use of query design view which is not sufficient in some cases and available in the case of VBA)
3. Expertise with how to create the various types of T-SQL joins (LEFT, RIGHT, EQUAL), the effect of each on the resulting/returned datasets, and choosing the proper one depending on the required query/reporting scenario.
4. Proficient in advanced MS Access objects (Forms, Reports, Queries, Macros, various field box object types, labels, etc.) design and development concepts, including but not limited to: -expert knowledge of properties of windows options for each type of MS Access object. -experience writing SQL queries to fill form field list objects (Combo Box, list box, etc.) with contents of a list table(s). -(If for financial area of the Dept.) Expert in devising correct mathematical formulas using built in MS Access functions available along with available field values from source tables and applying them into MS Access calculated fields in forms, queries, reports, export files, etc.
5. Proficient in advanced MS Access development methodologies including: -Write and decipher Visual Basic for applications (VBA) code -Advanced level MS Access troubleshooting experience (including errors caused by missing references in VBA design window) -Experience developing advanced automated (reusable)import and export functionality within MS Access, from and to a variety of external file types and formats -Expertise using MS Access to join data from separate imported, linked, or local MS Access table sources based on common field(s) and create accurate queries and reports across them
Apply by creating/using account
The fastest way to track opportunities is to register within our system or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job number and job title in the subject line. You can register in our system in one of two ways.
Once in the system you can check back anytime to review the status of roles to which you've applied, upload new resumes and apply for newly posted opportunities.