Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Ultrasound Tech I, under supervision of a Radiologist, performs ultrasound procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients in a physician office, clinic, and hospital setting as requested by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
1. Performs high quality ultrasound procedures, according to exam protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of imaging procedures by following established standards and procedures.
2. Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patient's family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability to tolerate exam.
3. Prepares patient or area for ultrasound procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
4. Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies, protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when setting up and performing invasive ultrasound procedures and maintains hand hygiene requirements.
5. Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports issues to management or appropriate department.
6. Ensures individuals are safe to enter the ultrasound suite and ultrasound department by screening them according to policies and procedures approved by the department.
7. Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
8. Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and according to department policies and standards for interpretation in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate has the ability to explain the procedure and put patients at ease; has the ability to demonstrate and maintain current knowledge, continued education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups (specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult and geriatric; able to perform tasks independently; excellent customer service skills; able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve issues; and has the ability to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new team members and on new services and initiatives.
* Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White – Plano
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice – Radiology
* Shift/Schedule – Monday – Friday (4:00PM -12:30AM) – with call rotation
* Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
* Graduate of an accredited program or Equivalent
* No minimum experience required
* Registered in one of the following: Certified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers ARDMS (OB/GYN) or (AB) or (BR) or (MSK) or the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists ARRT (S) or (BS) and ARDMS (RVT)
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
Apply by creating/using an account