Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Brokerage Firm is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Brokerage Firm' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Brokerage Firm operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Brokerage Firm moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
Fraud Risk Management:
The role of the fraud risk team is to assess the risks we face and ensure strategies are put in place to mitigate these risks to protect our business, clients and customers without compromising the accessibility of our products and services
Overall purpose of role:
· Role holder is responsible for monitoring fraud models to optimise effectiveness of Fraud strategy and policy across all products and all fraud types.
· Role holder is responsible for ensuring fraud models are complaint with Brokerage Firm Model Risk policy.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities
· Ensure compliance to Brokerage Firm Risk Model Policy and Standards for models owned by Fraud Risk
· Periodically assess the effectiveness of Fraud models used for Fraud detection. Monitor performance of fraud model as per control framework defined by Model risk policy and measure resulting impact on fraud strategy
· Engage and interact with Vendors to manage new/existing fraud detection models to ensure these models and associated vendor services meet Brokerage Firm model policy and challenge where performance does not meet with Brokerage Firm standards or SLA
· Provision of fraud systems/data Subject-matter-expertise and advisory to business model owners
· Support partner launches and conversions by analysing impact from fraud models
o Stakeholder management and leadership
· Accountable for communicating model monitoring and performance reporting to relevant business stakeholders
· Update Senior Management on specific areas of fraud risk and/or potential opportunity related to fraud model to improve fraud detection
· Participate in bank-wide projects and interact with external vendor as Subject Matter Expert(SME) on Fraud models
o Decision making and problem solving
· Strong analytical ability to identify data and performance issues related to fraud models through analysis and ability to quantify potential impact to fraud detection
· Ability to understand the entire process flow for fraud model life cycle and management of fraud risk models as per model risk policy
Risk and Control: All Barclay's colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Brokerage Firm Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications
· Four-year bachelor's college degree in quantitative discipline required (ex. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, and Engineering).
· 2+ years analytical work experience performing data and/or statistical analysis
· 2+ years programming experience in SQL/SAS/Unix/Oracle programming
o Preferred Qualifications
· Credit card experience strongly preferred especially in risk management function
· Experience in Fraud detection preferred, but not required
· Masters or Higher degree in Quantitative discipline preferred
· Strong analytical skills, technical skills in SAS/SQL and statistical skills with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
· Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
· Strong communication skills & ability to work independently
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Brokerage Firm you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Brokerage Firm the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Brokerage Firm is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
It is the policy of Brokerage Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Apply by creating/using an account