Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Brokerage Firm is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Brokerage Firm' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Brokerage Firm operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Brokerage Firm moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
The role of the Fraud Risk team is to assess the risks we face and ensure strategies are put in place to mitigate these risks to protect our business, clients and customers without compromising the accessibility of our products and services. We can never fully stop fraud, but we can deter criminal elements by making the bank a more resilient place to fraud attempts, which in turn gives our customers greater confidence to entrust their business with us. Please visit our website here for more information.
Overall purpose of role: Will initially work on Fraud MVP's including the support of a machine learning initiative targeting application fraud. Ongoing role will also focus on understanding and mitigating fraud trends causing losses to the Barclaycard US business particularly on the card present side (counterfeit, EMV, mobile wallet) as well as Balance transfers and Convenience checks. The job will also have a focus on fraud systems monitoring.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities
· Perform analysis of current and historic data (e.g. authorizations, write off data) to keep Fraud systems and processes at the cutting edge of fraud detection
· Identification of data driven fraud trends and development of broad strategies to address the trend
· Monitor fraud losses on a daily basis and take corrective action as required
· Conduct defect reviews of high fraud losses cases to identify any gaps in Fraud strategy, case management, or make workflow adjustments
· Provide support, including analysis, to various Strategic Fraud initiatives outlined by the business as and when necessary
· Support partnership requests for deep dive analysis into individual portfolios for strategy optimization
· Create and monitor Fraud system functionality reports and alerts. Establish a remediation process for issues
· Work with technical, data management and customer servicing teams to identify key issues causing fraud losses and provide solutions
o Stakeholder management and leadership
· Organizational awareness – Ability to see the 'whole picture' and recognize the impact and opportunities of activities across the organization
· Team Player - Ability to work with and in cross-functional and virtual teams
· Communication - Effectively and concisely communicate key issues and ideas through correspondences and verbally without supervision
· Interface with stakeholders effectively
o Decision making and problem solving
· Analytical ability – Must have a clear understanding and experience in performing data analysis using a standard statistical package such as SAS/SQL
· Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
· Innovation – Create innovative solutions to satisfy business requirements with analysis where needed
Risk and Control: All Brokerage Firm colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Brokerage Firm Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline like Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, etc...
· Two years of bank fraud experience required, preferably in risk management function.
Two years' experience analytical tools, SQL, SAS, Excel
o Preferred Qualifications
· Experience in Card fraud detection strongly preferred, but not required.
· Experience in EMV, counterfeit, Balance transfer and convenience check fraud or payment platforms, technologies, and architecture is desirable.
· Knowledge on Data Science (Hadoop/Big Data/Machine Learning) and Kaggler is preferred, but not a strict requirement
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Brokerage Firm you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Brokerage Firm the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Brokerage Firm is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
It is the policy of Brokerage Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Apply by creating/using an account