Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Brokerage Firm is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Brokerage Firm' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Brokerage Firm operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Brokerage Firm moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
The Credit Risk Office manages all activities relating to the management of credit risk for US credit card arm of Barclaycard. The Credit Governance and Control team is responsible for ensuring that all credit-related activities undertaken by CRO and Barclaycard US meet appropriate standards of governance against credit, regulatory, and conformance risk. This includes ensuring that limits set for the organization are well designed, monitored, and managed within the expectations of the standards established for the organization and that all activities undertaken by the Credit Risk Office meet the high expectations of operating in control set by the business.
Overall purpose of role:
o The Credit Portfolio Analytics Lead will be part of a team responsible for portfolio analytics, competitive analysis, and benchmarking to drive business direction for the BBDE Risk team and US Retail portfolio.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities
· Identify key analytical and deep dive projects that will provide insights into the underlying drivers of BCUS portfolio performance.
· Consolidate and utilize existing benchmarking, macro-economic, and industry data sources to create a comprehensive and accurate picture of BCUS in relation to external factors.
· Develop recommendations for management direction and business initiatives to address emerging risks within the US Retail portfolio, including Cards, Loans, and Deposits.
· Respond to requests for analysis from multiple sources (BCUS CRO and Line of Business, Group Risk, IHC Risk, external regulators, etc)
o Stakeholder management and leadership:
· Develop, manage and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues across BCUS, Credit Risk Office, IHC Risk, and Barclaycard Risk.
· Work within peer group of BCUS CRO to ensure full understanding and exposure to the key risks involved in the growth and risk profile of the US business and to coordinate analytical work as needed.
· Work with the management team to identify emerging risks, develop analytical plans, and report on findings to all levels of management as needed.
· This role requires a good deal of interaction with peers, managers, and senior leaders both within CRO and across the organization.
o Decision making and problem solving:
· Candidate will drive work and decisions relating to portfolio-level analytics that will govern the overall management of the US Cards and Loans portfolios, therefore must be comfortable communicating and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across the organization.
Risk and Control: All Brokerage Firm colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Brokerage Firm Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor's Degree or higher
· 6+ years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in Retail Credit Risk Management
o Preferred Qualifications
· Demonstrated experience with analytical and data driven responsibilities
· Understanding of Barclaycard US structure and products
· Detail oriented, with the ability to self-manage activities
· Control focused, understanding the implications of working out of a control framework and the risks that imposes to implementations and BCUS on a larger scale.
· Ability to multitask and react in a fast-paced organization
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· Experience in use of risk management tools/systems
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Brokerage Firm you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Brokerage Firm the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Brokerage Firm is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
It is the policy of Brokerage Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Apply by creating/using an account