Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Brokerage Firm is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Brokerage Firm' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Brokerage Firm operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Brokerage Firm moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
The Credit Risk Office manages all activities relating to the management of credit risk for US credit card arm of Barclaycard. The Credit Governance and Control team is responsible for ensuring that all credit-related activities undertaken by CRO and Barclaycard US meet appropriate standards of governance against credit, regulatory, and conformance risk. This includes ensuring that limits set for the organization are well designed, monitored, and managed within the expectations of the standards established for the organization and that all activities undertaken by the Credit Risk Office meet the high expectations of operating in control set by the business.
Overall purpose of role:
o Managing a model control framework within BCUS Credit Risk Office that complies with the Model Risk Management (MRM) framework & the enterprise Model Risk Policy
o Developing and executing project plans and approaches that will enable to BCUS Credit Risk to achieve governance with the MRM framework by established deadlines. This role is distinct from both model development and independent model validation teams
o Providing subject matter expertise to support conformance with model risk policies
o Potentially managing a team of up to 3 direct reports responsible for executing the governance project plans and working closely with CRO model owners/developers to complete documentation and governance tasks
o Working directly with external resources as needed to support model documentation and evaluation needs
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
o Key specific accountabilities
· Implementation of the model risk management standards in BCUS Credit Risk Office
· Working with CRO model owners to ensure the following is executed according to policy: Inventory Maintenance/Attestation, Model Monitoring, Model Approval, Documentation, Model Change Management, RCSA testing, Model Decommissioning, Model Implementation Controls, Data Souring & Controls, Model Remediation
· Supporting model owner in carrying out their duties in a consistent way; potentially taking over model ownership in some cases
· Ensuring regulatory requests and requirements are delivered to the appropriate standards of quality and timelines.
o Stakeholder management and leadership:
· Develop, manage and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels across BCUS Credit Risk
· Work with the management team to identify emerging risks, develop analytical plans, and report on findings to all levels of management as needed
· This role requires a good deal of interaction with peers and managers within CRO and the Model Risk Management organization
o Decision making and problem solving:
· Candidate will drive work and decisions relating to model management within the Credit Risk Office, and will evaluate, recommend, and assist with the implementation of a strong control environment relating to models. A large part of the role will be working with model owners and developers to determine the base way to meet governance requirements, and candidates will be responsible for understanding and communicating that vision to their peers
Risk and Control: All Brokerage Firm colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Brokerage Firm Policies and Policy Standards.
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
o Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor's Degree or higher
· 6+ years experience in the financial services industry, preferably in Retail Credit Risk Management
o Preferred Qualifications
· Experience working with statistical and non-statistical models, either as a developer or a business user
· Demonstrated experience with analytical and data driven responsibilities, including project planning and coordination
· Proven ability to manage high-performing individuals, identifies talent and develops teams
· Understanding of Barclaycard US structure and products
· Detail oriented, with the ability to self-manage activities
· Control focused, understanding the implications of working out of a control framework and the risks that imposes to implementations and BCUS on a larger scale
· Ability to multitask and react in a fast-paced organization
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
· Experience in use of risk management tools/systems
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Brokerage Firm you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Brokerage Firm the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Brokerage Firm is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
It is the policy of Brokerage Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.*
Apply by creating/using an account