Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scope of Work
ONLY ACCEPTING DIRECT W2 APPLICANTS NON CORP-TO-CORP AT THIS TIME
Developer - JAVA/J2EE III
Client has an exciting opportunity for a Development Senior role to provide production support, development support, system analysis, project management, and leading the coordination of multiple IT groups and numerous business partners for efforts with companywide impacts. We are seeking a self-motivated leader who can provide project management support on incident resolution and small projects, work independently to trouble shoot issues, perform root cause analysis and design and develop enhancements/solutions using multiple technologies. In addition to strong leadership and organization skills, this role requires development skills in multiple technologies including Java/J2EE, ETL, SQL, Unix Scripts, SAS etc, and strong communication skills. The Enterprise Level 3 team supports all Enterprise Systems (Finance, Legal, Administration, Compliance, Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, and HRDI) which are critical to operating Client's multiple business lines, including the timely reporting of its Financials. As a senior member of the IT team, the individual would independently lead the support team in the solution delivery of software repairs and enhancements. The individual would champion technology and tools changes/improvements that enhance delivery processes, serve as a role model and mentor to the junior and midlevel developers, and work collaboratively with other open minded, technology savvy and dedicated IT and business partners.
• Provide project management to L3 releases, on-call support during the Monthly Financial Close (typically first two weeks of the month), coordination of large efforts impacting Enterprise applications.
• Lead the team in root cause analysis and solution of issues in the production environment as well as work independently on some complex issue resolutions.
• Work with multiple IT and business groups for the identification of issues, and the deployment of fixes and enhancements.
• Understand Business needs and processes; lead the identification of problems and subsequent solutions, and develop concise and targeted business communications to provide timely descriptions of problems and resolution status updates in simple to understand business friendly language.
• Participate in Requirements Analysis; design application enhancements based on user and Architecture Requirements; prototype if necessary; develop, unit test and deploy application enhancements using Java/J2EE, Datastage, Informatica, Unix/Perl scripting, SQL etc., and following the prescribed delivery methodology and controls.
• Review the production incidents, perform lessons learned reviews, track open problems, suggest fixes and enhancements to software and/or processes based upon root cause identification, and continuously enhance the delivery processes to improve overall efficiency and add value for the business.
• Evangelize the new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
• Mentor new and/or junior members of the team
• Strive to continuously improve the application development processes and tools.
• 8-10 years of experience in Project management, solution, design and development of applications using Java J2EE, strong sql and plsql programming skills, Weblogic, WebMethods, DataStage ETL, Autosys, SQL, Unix/Perl shell scripting.
• Experience in working in a support group and/or working as an application support lead
• Experience in working with DB2, Sybase and Oracle databases. Good sql skills are a must.
• Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Integration experience using Web Services and EJB preferably on Weblogic platform
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Maven, Jenkins, GIT, scripting.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
• Familiarity with Mortgage Industry.
• Knowledge of Client Enterprise systems (PHOENIX, PSL, Corporate Amortization, CDW, etc.)
• Knowledge on application and infrastructure monitoring tools like spectrum, site scope, Splunk, Nimsoft, river bed tools etc.
Apply by creating/using account