Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
ONLY ACCEPTING DIRECT W2 APPLICANTS NON CORP-TO-CORP AT THIS TIME.
****This is a 6 month temp- to -perm contract. ***
This is an opportunity to join a fast paced team that interacts with all areas of Client’s business and provides excellent experience and knowledge across the IT spectrum. This team is responsible for ensuring that all of Client’s applications are adequately supported and meet architectural standards. Our team is made up of talented individuals who thrive in a challenging work environment and enjoy the utilizing their problem solving skills. This job requires Java EE development experience with strong troubleshooting skills in UNIX environment during middleware & database upgrades and security vulnerability remediation. There may not be any new functionality development involved.
• Work with Architects/Business/System Analyst Teams to understand Technical/Business requirements. Provide effort and schedule estimates.
• Documenting Technical Design, Interface Specifications and Unit Testing.
• Follow established methodology and controls guidelines. Maintain agility and quality throughout development process.
• Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization.
• Serving in an on-going partnership with Business Users, maintaining knowledge of business operations, information requirements and priorities.
• Hands-on programming, independently, with minimal guidance in support of multiple efforts as required in the division.
• Developing proof of concepts and proposing solutions to architecture and tech leads.
• Collaborating with developers across multiple projects to develop and build consensus on common re-usable application components.
• Participate in technical discussions and provide recommendations or solutions
• Provide leadership and technical guidance to the Factory database integration team
• 7+ years of Java/J2EE development, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment experience with at least 5 years in UNIX environment
• 5+ years of recent UNIX shell scripting experience, familiar with UNIX advanced commands for troubleshooting
• 5 years of hands on experience with application development and configuration using web/application servers such as WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, etc.
• 5 years of experience with RDBMSs such as UDB, Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle and good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, XQuery and XML Query
• Strong understanding of database interfacing technologies such as ODBC, JDBC and DBMS native clients
• Strong experience with deployment and version control tools
• Experience with job scheduling tools such as Autosys
• Experience in complete software development lifecycle
• Experience in supporting application teams in development/testing environments
• Ability to learn and adopt various technologies (including Commercial-of-the-Shelf products)
• Must have good problem solving skills, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
• Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and team working skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
• Certification in Java technologies
• Experience in application support for database and middleware upgrades and migrations preferred
• Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like ANT, Maven, Shell script, ClearCase, etc.
• Experience with webMethods / MQ
• Experience with programming languages such as perl/C/C++
• Knowledge of / experience with Jenkins and Sonar Cube
• Experience in using Team Forge GIT as source code repository is a plus
• Experience in Agile based Project development is a plus.
• Experience with application support in major system migrations/upgrades such as cross RDBMS platform migrations or cross OS platform migrations (Sybase to SQL Server, for example)
• Familiarity with Mortgage Industry or direct Client Experience is a plus
• Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field
Salary – 115-125K
Apply by creating/using account