Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Note: After Submission of your profile with us, If you receive any calls from Vendors/recruiters for this same position I request you to please avoid dual submission to get rejected your candidature from the hiring manager.
This role offers you the opportunity to showcase your project management expertise and technical skill to make a direct impact at the global leader in cyber security. As a Senior Project Engineer, Data Center Operations you will provide technical oversight and guidance on the project team considering all disciplines of data center operations; power, cooling, cabling, rack/stack and best installation practices. Working cross-functionally with our Data Center Operations, Network, Real Estate teams, you will coordinate installation of equipment and infrastructure within a data center or colocation environment. This individual will be part of a Global Data Center operations team and has outstanding opportunities to perform work across the globe. Ideal candidate has worked with DC providers globally and has experience with different country requirements and has overcome obstacles to delivery of DC projects globally. It will be your mission to ensure these installations are completed on time, on budget and error-free. If you are eager to work on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, then we look forward to hearing from you.
· Position requires the ability to drive several concurrent projects – candidates should be able to demonstrate their agility in project planning, delivery of requirements in a timely and quality manner, and the process candidates utilize to show organization and communications with peers, customers, and vendors.
· Broad experience including Data Center, Infrastructure (servers, storage, networking equipment as it relates to installation and operations in a data center), cabling technologies, ability to obtain quotes, bids, write SOW for vendors, select vendor, ensure vendor delivers to SOW with quality and timeliness.
· Detail and work with client and contracted engineering on the technical specifications and requirements
· Qualify vendors and implement the company's procurement procedures including tendering projects, using RFPs, purchase orders, and cost tracking templates
· Assist the project managers in ensuring the project tasks accurately reflect the customer requirements
· Support the various departments in with material sourcing, pricing and technical specifications.
· Work with contractors and suppliers to obtain the best quality execution and the best pricing
· Work with the Operations teams to ensure they are completing Work Orders in a timely fashion, as well as to Client out timeframes to give to clients when we receive a request.
· Manage, direct and coordinate the activities of internal or contracted personnel or third parties who are providing services or performing on-site installations
· Manage the installations at all facilities to be completed on time or before the committed due date.
· Set real expectations to the project delivery dates
· Hold contractors and suppliers to set due dates.
· Identify and rectify any steps in the process that are delaying installations.
· Provide regular implementation updates to project managers and stakeholders
· Attend weekly meetings with all installation managers as assigned
· Attending conference calls and meetings with customers and suppliers as required
· Continually track the Service Orders to completion.
· Conduct on-site staff training on an as needed basis
· Demonstrated current industry knowledge and a winning attitude.
Required Experience & Education:
· College Degree preferably technical (i.e.: Engineering, Tele Com. Computer Science etc.)
· Minimum 10 years of experience in operations. data center construction, in the telecommunications/engineering industry.
· Expert level knowledge of rack, cage, electrical distribution, and data cable infrastructure
· Expert level knowledge in reading and interpreting floor plans, one-line drawings, and construction specifications
· Advanced level proficiency in the use of MS Productivity tools, including Word, Excel, Visio
· Expert level proficiency with project management software
· Able to make effective presentations and respond to questions from groups of clients, customers and the general public
· Ability to track costs for all projects, using purchase orders and other tracking methods
· Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently
· Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
· Must be detail oriented with excellent communications, interpersonal and oral/written presentation skills.
· Strong multi-tasking and self-organizing abilities
· Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and able to work within and meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, mission critical facilities environment
· While based in Northern Virginia the position will require up to 20% travel to support other locations throughout the globe.
· PMI, PMP, RCCD, ITIL, FMP CDCP
Apply by creating/using an account