Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
User Experience Designer - Shipping
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of. Are you looking to make a huge impact on millions of customers worldwide? With more than 150 million active buyers globally and headed towards a billion active items listed for sale, eBay is the world's largest online marketplace where practically anyone can buy and sell practically anything. The Shipping Design team grapples with complex UX problems and works across platforms and geos to make our customers lives a little bit easier every day. eBay is looking for a very talented and ambitious designer to be a part of our Shipping Design Team.
• Partner closely with researchers, content strategists, product managers, marketing and legal professionals, engineers, and designers from across the company to define and improve the eBay user experience.
• Work within collaborative teams to uncover innovative solutions.
• Articulate and sell your design solutions to other designers, product stakeholders, management and executives.
• Present your work and have your voice heard in weekly design reviews.
• Deliver wireframes, mocks and/or prototypes for new user interfaces and interactions.
• Work with a team of world class product designers who love getting into the details, solving hard problems and have a great time together doing it.
• Ability to confidently speak about your design solutions addressing tradeoffs and how you are elegantly working with technical, policy and business constraints
• Ability to balance the customer experience with business requirements
• Excellent hands on design skills – be able to create organized information architecture maps, demonstrate knowledge of UCD methodology, and visualize your designs under a tight schedule through storyboards, wireframes, task flows, and prototypes to meet each stage of development
• Experience in designing across platforms and devices. Mobile expertise required.
• Excellent skills in Sketch, Invision, Adobe CS Suite, Marvel app
• Self-starter and take a proactive stance toward achieving success on your projects
• Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills –build positive working relationships with team members, have a good sense of humor, and a positive outlook on things
• BS in HCI, Cognitive Science, User Centered Design, Fine Arts or other related field; 3-5 years related experience.
• Be a clear verbal and written communicator, with the ability to effectively present your work to both design and non-design audiences.
• Have a strong portfolio, featuring several samples of your design work.
Apply by creating/using account