Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title : Technical Writer / Coordinator
Location : San Jose CA.
Duration : 10+ Months
Job ID : EBAYJP00015263
Client : eBay
Position: Communication Technical Writer
Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, and instructions.
• Develops a thorough understanding of the audience and the documentation required by working with the user experience team, colleagues, and technical managers.
• Researches and shares knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
• Determines the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and writes and edits technical information accordingly.
• Prepares or commissions graphics and illustrations to elaborate on or complement technical writing.
• Meets with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialized topics are appropriately addressed and discussed.
• Revises, edits, and updates instructions, technical information, and frequently asked questions as necessary.
• Creates, adapts, and follows project schedules and deadlines.
• Remains up-to-date on technological and product developments.
• Creates user documentation for a variety of material, including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
• Gathers the latest information on IT subjects as required to complete user documentation.
• Adjusts copy as necessary, proofreading for grammar and spelling.
• Provides updates and different editions as necessary.
• Communication – Strong written and oral abilities. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of internal and external contacts verbally and in writing. Adjusts copy to audience, ensures
understanding. Strong presentation skills required. Able to develop, deliver and measure creative, clear and high-quality strategic communications that reach a wide range of
internal and external stakeholders. Follows effective planned methodologies to deliver excellence. An adaptable writing style that can be tailored by audience and medium.
• Collaboration/Partnering – Able to establish and maintain collaborative partnership across departments.
• Customer Focus – Ensures that customer needs are built into communications and end user documentation.
• Flexible and Adaptable – Able to handle changes in direction as needed; maintains a can-do, positive attitude about the work, team and organization.
• Continuous Learning – Stays current and maintains a general understanding of communications resources and trends.
• Ability to work independently and show initiative.
• Drive and stamina to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Resourcefulness to get information and see projects through even if roadblocks are encountered.
• Ability to work with all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to work under pressure and under tight deadlines.
• Must be organized and an effective communicator.
• A service centric mindset.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• A working knowledge of Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint and content management systems.
Education and Experience
• B.S. degree or equivalent experience journalism, English, communications or Information Technology
• 2-3 years' experience in corporate / internal communications preferable.
• Web design experience, a plus.
Thank's & Regard's
Awad Bin Yousuf | Account Manager
Direct : 213-228-3482 | Email - email@example.com
NextGen Technologies Inc.
1735 North 1st Street #308, San Jose, CA 95112
Apply by creating/using an account