Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Role : Content Manager II
Duration : 12+ Months
Client : eBay
Location : San Francisco California USA 95131
Job ID : EBAYJP00015380
- This is working with the Identity team at ebay which handles everything from 'forgot your password', registration with ebay and account settings
- Team currently has 4 FTE UX Designers and this person will be acting more on the Content side while being able to assist the UX Designers with writing as needed
- There will be Overtime on a case by case basis and travel down to the San Jose campus at least once a week to meet with other team members
- They will need to be able to put together presentations
- Interview Process: first round phone screen and second round onsite with the team
Our content strategists drive product experiences designed to reach a global audience, connecting buyers and sellers in new, meaningful ways. As part of our design team, you'll partner with designers, researchers, product owners, engineers, developers, marketing teams, and customer support. You're here to motivate cross-functional teams, champion our brand voice, and ultimately, build seamless experiences across all touchpoints. We believe content strategists are more than writers; you're the Client of tone, creator of cohesive language, and storyteller of powerful narratives.
Right now (like, right now!), we have a need for a content strategist on the Identity design team. You'll be diving into projects like new user onboarding. Your goal is to welcome people into the ebay experience by helping them navigate through user setting and security options so they feel safe exploring eBay.
• Write UI content and develop a content strategy that helps designers write as well.
• Build relationships and collaborate with cross-domain partners to inspire a united effort
• Facilitate communication with stakeholders to define project requirements
• Encourage a culture that balances user-centered design with supporting our business goals.
• Jump from project to project with ease
• Help anyone who uses eBay—from first timers to power users—feel welcome, comfortable, and safe.
• Collaborate with other content strategists by sharing your work for feedback and providing feedback when others share.
• Evangelize the practice of content strategy in the design organization by creating messaging strategies, frameworks, and narratives—things to help people see your skills beyond writing.
• Help direct our evolving brand voice through product experiences
• Always be mindful of our global audience, creating language that works for international markets, while working with our localization team to ensure the experience translates in the best way possible
• Mid-level content strategy experience
• Works well in a team setting and engages in discussion to influence and gain buy-in
• Also, works independently in a fast-paced environment
• Comes from a strong background in UX design principles
• Creates engaging and clear content aligned with our brand voice and tone
• Brings solid experience in writing for web/ mobile products
• Mobilizes resources across functions to bridge a common goal
• Has a passion for our purpose to empower people and create economic opportunity
• Any Sketch experience is a plus as they will be reviewing Sketch files
Apply by creating/using an account