Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title :- Dev-Operations Engineer I
Location :- San Jose CA
Duration :- 12+ Months
eBay Technical Operations is looking for an experienced candidate with background in Linux systems engineering, DevOps, and/or Operations SRE to join a dynamic, highly visible Systems Operations group responsible for the reliability and availability of ebay.com. The ideal candidate should have at least two years of hands-on, relevant experience in a large-scale web operations. The candidate should also be conceptually familiar with the composition of an internet application and the building blocks of the Internet itself. Hands-on familiarity of Linux systems admin, Network, DNS, Load-Balancers, CDN, Proxy are also required. Since responsibility also includes tools development using Python, Python programming experience is required. Some experience with Hadoop and Cloud Computing (virtualization and containerization) are also highly desirable. The position is based in San Jose.
• Manage and monitor systems to drive troubleshootingand resolutions
• Hands-on development of DevOps and automation tools using Python
• Understand all components of the eBay site infrastructure (an excellent learning opportunity!)
• Work with external teams to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution
• Define repeatable patterns and automate them
• Collaborate with multiple teams to ensure that automationadheres to best practice andeBay standards
• Perform Systems Engineering Tasks as needed
•Contribute original How-To articles to DevOps knowledge base
• Coordinate with vendors and assist in hardware replacements.
• At all timesjointly responsible forebay.comreliability and availability
• 2+ years ofLinuxSystems Engineering,DevOps,and/orOperationsSREexperience
• Advanced Python knowledge
• Ability to manage and troubleshootsystems faults and errors in alarge-scale systems web operations
• Passionate about Operations - you like to make things run and fix them when they break
• Passionate about coding and programming - you like to automate things and write clean, easy-readable code (Python)
• Ability tomulti-tasksin a highly-visible role
•Knowledge oflargedistributed cloud computing (Open Stack, Kubernetes, Docker),Hadoop,web services, multi-tier architectures,etc.
• Knowledge of common system administration tools, Networking (LAN and WAN,) Unix, Windows, Load balancers, DNS, TCP/IP and Storage technologies
• Strong grasp of automation tools
• Production experience with large scale system deployment and configuration tools
• Proven problem solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
• Excellent verbal, written,and documentation skills
We're looking for DevOps engineer to join SEC team to help us with automation, scripting and tooling
Potential temp-to-hire after 1 year, if there is a business need and the candidate meets the necessary requirements
A local candidate highly preferred, but will consider a remote candidate who is willing to relocate at their own expense.
site engineering. Support 24.7, worker are typically on a shift schedule 3 or 4 days on and off at 6:30 to 6:30. If worker is open indicate shift on the top of the resume. If not, indicate M-F 9-6. Manager is ok with either one
Thank's & Regard's
Awad Bin Yousuf | Account Manager
Direct : 213-228-3482 | Email - email@example.com
NextGen Technologies Inc.
1735 North 1st Street #308, San Jose, CA 95112
Apply by creating/using an account