Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Software Quality Assurance Engineer III
San Jose CA
We are the CSTech Quality Engineering Team. We support the engineering teams that build the core SOAP, API/REST and back-end messaging. We are like civil engineers, responsible for ensuring structural integrity. Our team is comprised of senior quality engineers and is considered the A-Team. We solve the big and difficult problems and bring the difficult problems to light. This position works within the Quality Engineering part of our team which provides cross-platform and white box testing strategies, test automation frameworks, sample implementations and documentation.
What you will do:
• Help with design, develop eBay Customer Support Platform test engineering initiatives as well as help the development of broad testing framework/unit, functional, build validation and integration testing.
• Identify key aspects from a test perspective and then answer questions like how, when and where these key aspects will be tested (automation, scripts, manual).
• Mentor and lead other test engineers and continuously research industry best test technologies.
• Be able to estimate testing effort, prioritize assignments as well as to plan implementations.
• Design, implement and articulate testing strategies, test automation and test engineering technologies.
• Design and implement test solutions.
• Identify project risks, quantify risk/benefit relationships and provide alternative solutions as well as risk mitigation.
• Offer deep defect root cause analysis and root cause solutions.
• Communicate effectively with team members and across teams.
• Develop industry and product technical expertise relevant to eBay business model.
• Execute test deliverables following software engineering principles. Innovate.
• Participate in knowledge sharing sessions, present test engineering solutions to others.
• Design, divide and negotiate test development with team members from Quality and Development teams.
• Contribute meaningfully to the success of the engineering team
• Enjoy being part of a team of humble, collaborative high-achievers
What we are looking for in candidates:
Total of 3+ years of Quality Engineering experience
• Passion for testing plus 1+ year experience with a MS or BS degree Genuine curiosity and a customer-first mentality
• Experience testing Web, CRM, API, REST Service
• Experience in Unit testing Automation using JUNIT and Eclipse IDE
• Experience using automation tools like Selenium, Load/SOAP UI, MAVEN, TESTNG
• Planning skills to design test plans and test cases for larger multi-component products across multiple resources and parallel development tracks.
• Strong work ethic – someone who takes great pride in professionalism, responsibility, and being proactive.
• Self-starter / demonstrated an ability to initiate and drive continuous improvement.
• Strong debugging / problem resolution skills, and ability to multitask and handle multiple time critical issues / projects simultaneously.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
The manager has this set for 3 months due to budget but there is a possibility for extension on this one.
Core Java is a key system for him from the ones listed in the job description.
Interviews for local candidates could go straight to onsite possibly so he is wanting to move fast on this one. There will be testing done during the interview stage so prep your candidates.
Thank’s & Regard’s
Awad Bin Yousuf | Account Manager
Direct : 213-228-3482 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
NextGen Technologies Inc.
1735 North 1st Street #308, San Jose, CA 95112
Apply by creating/using an account