Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description: Scrum Master position - Pittsburgh area submissions ONLY, must work onsite.
Scrum Master/Product Owner
• Serve the role Scrum Master and Product Owner as defined in the Scrum Guide
• Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
• Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Act as a liaison between the software development team, product marketing, and project management
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or retribution with an emphasis on problem solving
• Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Guide the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Understand sufficient technical architecture to facilitate discussion, communicate decisions and raise impediments
• Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
• Work as part of a team within the department and across departments to help achieve group, department and overall project goals.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through on actions and deliverables
• Learn the features of the product family, what users of the product want to accomplish and what features they value, and the important aspects of the systems, applications, and devices that interact with the assigned areas of the product family, and how those interactions work.
• Serve as Scrum Master to one or more Scrum agile development teams. May serve as secondary role of Product Owner for one team.
• Remove impediments for the team with tenacity and urgency
• Facilitate Scrum events and ensure necessary preparation work is completed in advance to create efficient, engaging, and productive events
• Resolve team conflicts and coach the team in positive behaviors
• Monitor team activity and progress against sprint goals
• Manage artifacts in development tool
• Lead retrospectives, capture minutes/actions and circulate
• Capture sprint metrics for monitoring team performance
• Attend project update meetings, milestone review meetings, and process improvement meetings
• Coordinate with other Scrum teams and other cross-functional groups
• Prepare product and functional specifications.
• Transfer information in the form of product and/or system requirements from product marketing to engineering.
• Manage requirement change requests in relation to the project plans to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
• Assist in the creation of user and system test plans.
• Maintain a trace matrix to map requirements through each phase of the product development process.
• Engage with the engineering team throughout the development process to ensure that marketing requirements are accurately implemented as features in the product.
• Able to provide solutions using techniques that encourage team ownership and innovation
• Certified Scrum Master and/or Certified Product Owner
• Experience as a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner for at least 1 year for a software development team that followed Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• 3-5 years of professional experience working in a software development organization
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited university is required.
• Since a Product Owner is a mix between business/marketing skills and computer science/IT skills, one of the following is preferred: 1) A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or software related program along with an MBA, or 2) A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or Marketing with extensive experience with the process of developing computer software. Applicants with equivalent degrees such as a Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Quantitative Business Analysis will also be considered.
• Writing requirements specifications for computer applications that are unambiguous, testable, and verifiable. Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Interacting directly with end users (clinicians, homecare health providers, etc.), Software Engineers, Project Managers, and Marketing Managers.
• Software application development and/or the process of developing software.
• Distinguishing between customer requests and needs.
• Creating use cases, user stories, acceptance criteria, and other forms of requirements documentation
• Tracing product requirements through the design, implementation, and test phases of development
• Experience as a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner for at least 2 years for a software development team that was following Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• More than 5 years of professional experience working in a software development organization, serving for some portion as software developer
• BS in IT-related field
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches/techniques: XP, Kanban, SAFe, TDD/BDD, continuous integration/deployment, pair programming, Agile Games
• Applicable knowledge of C# .NET and Java technologies
• Previous experience in leadership roles
Apply by creating/using an account