Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Learning Specialist Job Description – Market to Order – Software and Services
The global learning specialists support the Academy Project Manager and the Dean in setting up and executing learning agendas for respective business, markets, functions and transformation programs. They play an active role in analyzing and designing end to end learning processes, strategies, materials for client groups and Philips globally, working with cross functional teams. The Learning Specialist is responsible for all aspects of an Academy learning offering, with a focus on design of learning solutions and portfolio management activities. They own the end to end learning process: design learning offerings and oversee development and deployment, as well as the related project management, including cost, quality, resources and schedule. The Learning Specialist facilitates business case driven decision making, ensures continuous improvement of learning offerings and supports the Academy Project Manager and Dean in portfolio management through ongoing portfolio maintenance, evaluation and rationalization.
This role will be focused on leading learning activities in the area of Software and Services and its related processes and technology support. The technology in scope will be, but not limited to, Kenandy, Aria, Model N, Salesforce, CA, QlikView, and SAP.
This role has a global scope, with its initial focus in North America, but expanding to all other markets.
Key Performance Indicators
• Customer: Quality of learning delivery as evaluated by learners.
• Operational: Training delivery capacity vs. estimated.
• Operational: Delivery of learning as per agreed timelines in plan.
• Financial: Actuals versus budget of the Philips University.
• Financial: Actual cost per session vs. estimated cost per session.
• Compliance: Adherence to existing processes and guidelines in learning development, delivery and project management, as well as other areas as applicable.
• Continuous Improvement: Analysis of improvement opportunities and related execution.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices and leadership in the Learning area that is needed in the specific Philips Academy in order to be able to design, and create, state of the art learning interventions.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the software as a service (SaaS) business.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the services business.
• Demonstrated knowledge in the Market to Order (Sales) process space.
• Demonstrated knowledge on the Agile development methodology.
• Track record of applying the learning expertise in a practical way with demonstrable impact.
• Experience in owning / leading learning projects from idea through implementation, with evidence of real business impact.
• Ability to manage projects and deliver against triple constraint (cost, schedule and resources) and quality.
• Ability to manage time / delivery across multiple projects, competing priorities and demands.
• Ability to grow specific domain knowledge on areas of responsibility.
• Strong influencing & relationship building skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Proficiency in English.
• Prepares and implements Philips University projects with multi-stakeholders within specific client groups and Philips globally in accordance with agreed conditions of time, cost and staffing.
• Leads and drives multiple projects, possibly working with broader teams.
• Works with guidelines and directives; may propose changes. Works independently, under guidance of Academy Project Manager and the Dean in strong alliance with business partners & HRBP in the Markets and in strategic projects.
• Building strong partnering relationships with Business Partner(s) and HR Business partners responsible for Markets, Sectors and Functions and programs.
• Balancing needs and priorities of multiple, demanding clients working across the matrix
• Establishing expertise credentials.
• Taking ownership of own professional development and building a strong knowledge foundation across learning expertise areas.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Coordinates activities of other team members.
• Responsible for timely and accurate processes and procedures.
• Interface within the Philips Academy and University with other Learning Specialists, Delivery Managers and Business Partners and with HR business leaders from the market.
Work Steam Responsibilities
• Ensure training is clear and start creating relevant training material.
• Participate in the Agile cadence and meetings with Business Process Experts (BPE) and compliance.
• Create and update training materials in collaboration with Business Process Experts (BPE).
• Support the preparation for system demo to Key Users, when there is relevant training content.
• Own the training environment (sandbox).
• Create Learning Need Analysis.
• Coordinate localization of training materials.
• Partner with Change Management on Impact Analysis.
• Define with local Key Users / trainers the training approach.
• Prepare Sandbox environment for training.
• Create Events in the Learning Management System
• Coordinate the creation of Sessions in the Learning Management System
• Evaluate Training.
• Share relevant training material with End Users.
Education & Training
• HBO or University degree showing the level of thinking and acting.
• Additional professional qualifications and/or accreditations in coaching, Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, Software Development, and Change Management considered favorable.
• Project Management certifications are considered favorable.
• Agile Scrum related certification are considered favorable.
Experience & Background
• Has at least 5 years of relevant experience working in learning processes, learning analysis and design in international environments and in complex matrix based enterprises.
• Software and/or services experience with track record of more than 5 years of hands on experience.
Apply by creating/using an account