Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
● Provide 7x24 operational, engineering, and related infrastructure and administration services for mission-critical DB2/MySQL databases in a fast-paced environment for brokerage, banking, and related financial and other business/enterprise applications.
● Strong/proven DBA and related services for managing DB2 is the primary responsibility.
● Solid/proven database administration/management experience, SQL programming/scripting skills, knowledge and experience with Unix/Linux platforms/environments/tools, deep understanding of high availability (VERITAS HA clustering, DB2 Partitioned Database, IBM DB2 BLU,) and Replication (in particular IBM Q Replication (QREP)), understanding of storage related concepts, as well as appreciation for and understanding of database security concepts, deployments, and designs, and data life-cycle is essential.
● Understanding and experience with OLTP in a high-volume 7x24 mission-critical data center environment is required.
● The position requires understanding of distributed service oriented architectures and their interactions and interfaces with databases.
● Strong team interaction with Data Services staff/peers, other engineering and operations group members within the IT organization, as well as with application and business development teams.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
● 5+ years strong DB2/MySQL Database Administration / Engineering experience in a large scale/challenging distributed environment.
● Solid skills in Scalability / Performance / Tuning of both software and hardware. In addition, lots of passion for Performance Tuning at both SQL and system levels. Strong, proven system trouble-shooting skills
● Strong Shell/Perl/Python scripting to automate different performance and monitoring tasks.
● Hands-on Windows/Linux systems administration skills as those relate to RDBMS deployments on Windows/Linux.
● Experience working with DB2 Partitioned Database, IBM DB2 BLU 11.1, IBM Q Replication (QREP), MySQL EE 5.7, MySQL Replication, and MySQL Enterprise Monitoring.
● Understanding of file system, volume management, storage concepts (SAN), and relevant working experience as required for performing database administration and engineering functions.
● Strong database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures.
● Strong DB2/MySQL Database Administration / Engineering experience on a Large Scale Systems, managing data growth and capacity planning
● Solid exposure to application development processes and expectations from an Application DBA point of view.
● Hands-on Unix/Linux and systems administration skills as it relates to RDBMS (DB2/MySQL ) deployments on Linux/Red Hat (and Solaris)
● Experience with transaction processing in the financial industry (brokerage, banking, and/or e-commerce related) is highly desirable.
● Strong, proven system trouble-shooting skills
● Strong communication and effective interpersonal skills
● Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions on system performance and trends
● Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously and work effectively while under pressure
● Manages time effectively and according to priorities.
● Willingness to work on-call DBA rotations in a 7x24 environment, and expected to handle a mix of database management and engineering responsibilities.
● Prior experience in a real-time transaction processing (preferably financial brokerage/banking and/or ecommerce) industry is highly desirable.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
● BS or MS in Computer Science or related field highly desirable.
● DB2 Certifications and Training or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
Apply by creating/using an account