Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
GTA is unable to hire candidates that require H1-B visas to work in the U.S. If you require an H1-B, please don't apply.
Title: Process Technician - 2nd shift (17-00457)
Location: Mt. Clemens, MI
Base Compensation: $20 - $23/hr plus overtime pay
Type of hire: Direct
Shift: 2nd Shift (Includes Rotating Weekends)
• Monitor molding activities on the production floor while maintaining a high floor presence. Initiate action to ensure quality levels are maintained and continuously improved. Assist with the establishment of job standards and systems for optimum efficiency and profitability, Analyze and react to job (and overall plant) efficiency labor and through put. Support the efforts of other departments within the company to contribute to a true "team " concept.
• Must have plastic injection molding experience, and more preferably someone with experience in programming and automation of robotic machines, such as Ranger and Mitsubishi.
• Monitor/Improve molding processes ensuring repeatability and high quality standards. Priority starts with the Top 10 constraints.
• Maintain a heavy floor presence and work closely with Lead Supervisor and Process Engineer assisting with any molding/processing that may arise.
• Assist in developing robust processes utilizing the scientific molding approach with supporting documentation when needed.
• Document the process utilizing the PVs & Water Diagram documentation when necessary
• Support engineering try outs in the plant when necessary, as required.
• Develop Workshops targeting problematic areas reflected in the weekly, monthly measurable report out.
• PT is required to work the minimum 9 hours per day. Working over and coming in early are decided on a day to day basis depending on the production needs.
• Maintain Process Verification Sheets and update accordingly ensuring that all paperwork and procedures are accurate and legible and in full compliance of TTI standards.
• Routinely evaluate the condition of the EOAT mold & machine repairing/improving when necessary.
• Assist production with plant start-up when necessary.
• Assist in proper housekeeping and Health & Safety standards in respect of all processes and equipment following the 6S discipline.
• Maintain equipment and processes to a very high standard of efficiency and safety.
• Maintain very high quality standards in line with supporting the quality / compliance culture within the organization.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Performs all duties in accordance to TTI standards and ISO/TS 16949 Quality Procedures.
• Maintains an appropriate level of conventionality and conformance in regard to the corporate culture. Relates well with others, including, as appropriate, peers, supervisor, subordinates, customers and suppliers while maintaining good attendance. Assumes appropriate role(s) when working in a team environment. Responds appropriately to unexpected and/or continuing situations, which develop in the work environment.
• A minimum of two to four years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Preferred ability to troubleshoot & injection molding equipment and molds with the ISHAKAWA discipline.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Analytical skills
• Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
• Soft skills required to develop and train TTI associates
Please acknowledge that you understand that your answers to the following questionnaire will be part of your submittal to our client, and that you will answer each question as thoroughly and professionally as possible.
1. Do you have previous experience as a process technician?
2. Do you have experience with plastic injection molding? If so, where did you acquire your experience?
3. On a scale from 1-10 (10 being the best) please rank your skills with the following:
c. Robotic Machines
4. Do you have any experience with Rangers and/or Mitsubishi?
5. Are you able to work 2nd shift?
6. Please provide details of any specific achievement(s) that you would like to highlight from your career that would make you a great fit for this position?
7. What is the highest level of education you have completed? Which field of study is this degree in and from which university did you graduate?
8. Are you currently working? If not, when was your last day of employment?
9. Can you please list why you left or why you are looking to leave your most recent employer?
10. Can you list why you left each of your past employers, please?
11. Do you have any gaps in your employment longer than 3 months? If so can you explain these gaps?
12. What is your current / last salary?
13. What is your "acceptable and "ideal base compensation for this position? We would like to make sure we don't price you out of consideration, but you know what the numbers are that you need (Please Do Not put negotiable)
14. When would you be available to interview and start this position, if selected?
15. If you currently do not live near the job location and the commute is too far for you, are you willing and able to relocate at your own expense?
16. Are you able to work in the U.S. without need for a Visa, other than a TN Visa for Canadian citizens?
Please note that if you are a current GTA employee or have been placed by GTA at one of our clients, we will not be able to entertain moving you. However, we are hopeful that you may know someone else who is qualified and as such you would still be eligible for our generous referral bonus program detailed below.
REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM:
If you are able to refer a person we do hire, we can offer up to $250 for contractors after they are on the job for 90 days and up to $500 for direct hires after they are on the job between 90 days to 180 days, depending on customer payment terms
Apply by creating/using an account