Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Manage day to day support (L1/L2) of Bio-Rad's Global Network via service desk tickets and interaction with other Global Infrastructure team members.
• Receive, analyze, monitor and resolve network problems in a timely fashion with minimal guidance from higher level engineers or supervisor.
• Respond to issues, escalate as necessary and implement strategies to minimize downtime.
• Complete requested internal moves, adds or changes in a timely, efficient manner. May include network device configuration and/or hardware moves.
• Respond to trouble calls as assigned by upper level management.
• Assist in major real estate moves for some locations.
• Ability to track SLAs and key performance indicators.
• Maintain physical inventory of hardware including routers, switches, access points and etc.
• Travel to satellite locations to provide service, if needed.
• Interact with internal customers and vendors to facilitate work processes.
• Troubleshoot/Repair carrier services related issues or problems, such as internet and mpls circuits.
• Escalations to L3 support teams as required to expedite resolution or mean time to repair (MTTR)
• As assigned, contact outside vendors and coordinate installation, maintenance, and upgrades.
• Create and update documentation as needed for implementation and support purposes.
• Support of operating a global 24x7x365 large scale network and weekly on-call rotation duties.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience: 5+ years of operational hands-on experience with highly scalable and high availability architectures utilizing various network technologies. Must have implementation and operational experience with: enterprise/carrier class routers, switches and firewalls, i.e. Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, Nexus and Meraki. Must have experience in network security features (ACL, DMVPN, VPN, IPSEC, LSVPN) with a focus on Cisco, Juniper and Palo Alto. Strong experience and operational familiarity on BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, STP, VTP, 802.1 (q,s,w) and other network routing, switching and wireless protocols. Able to handle multiple complex projects and incidents simultaneously. Minimum of CCNA Certification. Familiarity or have worked with networking tools such as Wireshark, Netflow, Solarwinds Orion (NPM and NCM). Experience working on large projects and participating in project scheduling and decision-making activities.
Skills: Strong collaboration, communication, presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service orientation. Must be self-motivated and driven and have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Must be able to succeed when working with competing priorities and uncertain objectives. Comfortable interacting with senior executives at all levels. Required to respond to after-hours issues and must be available to travel up to 10%.
lls, with a strong customer service orientation. Must be self-motivated and driven and have experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Must be able to succeed when working with competing priorities and uncertain objectives. Comfortable interacting with senior executives at all levels. Required to respond to after-hours issues and must be available to travel up to 10%.
Apply by creating/using account