Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Embedded Systems Performance Engineer
In this role, you will:
• Design, develop tools and framework to execute performance and reliability (P&R) system tests.
• Define the performance, reliability, and scalability test plans based on technical specifications and product requirements working with Product Management team
• Provide your analysis to identify performance or reliability issues in our products by troubleshooting issues and help developers find root cause.
• Configuring test environments, servers, monitoring performance tests and identifying application bottlenecks;
• Produce quality engineering documentation on our design and code
• Interact with internal and external multidisciplinary teams to coordinate and achieve project objectives in a prompt manner
• Follow-up KPIs and keep track on overall product performance and reliability metrics
• University or Master's Degree in course of completion in Engineering (Computer, Software, or Systems), Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent related discipline
• 5+ years of experience in Embedded systems
• 3+ years of programming skills in C/C++ or Java
• 3+ year of experience with Linux OS and Shell scripting
• Strong writing and communication skills to describe test cases and test results
• Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies and software development fundamentals
• Legal authorization to work in Canada is required.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
• Experience in load testing applications building your own tools or using Jmeter, Client load runner or similar tools;
• Experienced running performance testing for network/embedded devices such as routers, firewalls using tools such as tcpreplay, Spirent, IXIA;
• Proficiency in programming using C/C++ or Java
• Scripting proficiency with shell, Perl and/or Python.
• Strong knowledge in Linux OS fundamentals and how memory, CPU, disk and Networking I/O are utilized
• Experience building/maintaining performance or system monitoring and reporting infrastructure using products such as Newrelic, Appdynamics, ElasticSearch;
• Good knowledge of docker-based microservice architecture and experience testing scalability for container-based application;
• Ability to do thorough analysis and provide insightful reports to keep track of P&R health of overall product;
• Experience of network protocols is desirable
• Experience with the following types of tools is desired:
o Continuous build tools such as Jenkins is desired
o Configuration management tools such as Gerrit, git or Github is desired.
o Server deployment/configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
o Test case management tools and issue tracking software (e.g. JIRA, Rally);
• Quick to translate testing results into business risks relevant to our customers
• Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development and testing tasks
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
• Proficient in communicating very technical concepts and issues to relevant businesses
• Ability to write clear benchmarking reports for marketing purpose.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others and by example; builds direct and "behind the scenes " support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes obstacles or barriers on behalf of the customer
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Keen attention to details and strong analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting, and prioritization skills
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface well with the wider engineering department
• Dedication and commitment to problem resolution
• Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
• Strong desire to experiment, use new tools and techniques
• Can be a creative problem solver
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.