Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client Ventures is the innovation engine of Client, committed to conceiving, launching and scaling new initiatives with the potential to transform the future of financial services. We invest in startups, pilot new technologies, and test new solutions and business models through Client Innovation Labs and Client businesses. Our goal is to accelerate product roadmaps and commercialization opportunities within Client to deliver new growth and value. Client Ventures is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in New York.
The recently developed Client 10X program drives the incubation of new businesses through an intensive system and methodology designed to generate new organic growth for Client. The system incorporates the principles of corporate entrepreneurship including a disciplined Venture Capital-style portfolio management model and the rigorous experimentation and validation of customer solutions in order to launch New-to-Client and New-to-World businesses, products and services.
The D10X Startup Coach and EIR plays a critical role in the D10X program by helping the D10X startup teams keep their 'eye on the prize', providing an outside-in perspective, staying true to the D10X process and generally contributing to the cultivation of the "new skills and new ways of working” we want to instill across Client.
This position will report to the Managing Director, Innovation Network and be based in Silicon Valley or NY.
• Become expert in the Client 10X system – strategy, purpose, methodology, processes, tools, and outcomes
• Actively coach D10X startup teams through the D10X Incubator stages with the ultimate goal of creating entirely new businesses for Client
• Ensure that D10X startup teams are staying grounded in outside-in thinking; help identify and expose D10X teams to external sources of inspiration and provocation; leverage Client Ventures' portfolio companies and investors appropriately
• Coach the teams in thinking through the most effective validation experiments they can run appropriate to the business concept and startup's stage of maturity
• Ensure that teams are properly capturing and synthesizing the results of their experiments and customer validation metrics
• Help the D10X co-founders prepare for 'Deal Day' pitches and updates
• Contribute to the identification and articulation of strategic Opportunity Areas; facilitate and lead D10X teams through the Opportunity Area development process
• Teach in the D10X Startup Talent and Coaches bootcamps; contribute to the development and maintenance of the D10X Talent and Coaches curricula
• Be an effective conduit between the startup teams and D10X program leadership with respect to issues, challenges, successes and opportunities
• Actively seek opportunities to leverage platforms and best practices across Client Ventures, the Global Lab Network and Client's internal innovation ecosystem.
• Ensure that we are telling the story and finding unique ways of demonstrating the value and impact we are creating through the D10X program overall and the D10X Talent and Coaching/EIR programs
• Be a key contributor to the D10x talent and coaching programs, curriculum, and processes that enable corporate entrepreneurship and the D10X growth operating system to take root across Client
• Contribute to D10X Co-founder and D10X Coach communities across Client to promote continuous distributed learning, collaboration, honing of corporate entrepreneurship best practices
MBA or advanced degree equivalent
10-15 years relevant experience in:
Corporate innovation, strategy and/or new business creation
Creating entirely new market categories/offerings
Corporate EIR role
Startup Founder role
Coaching, consulting, and facilitation
Ability to think strategically and implement tactically in a startup environment
Strong leadership presence and influencing skills at the highest levels of executive leadership
Ability to frame ambiguous, unstructured information in a logical and structured manner
Ability to tackle and learn new subjects quickly; learns through productive failure
Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, collaboration and influencing skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
International work experience strongly preferred
Key Competencies and attributes:
Innovative – Not afraid to challenge the status quo, question assumptions and generate new ideas looking at issues from multiple angles; driven by discontinuous, bold thinking and imagination
Curious – Open to learning and exploring new information and practices; interested in understanding how things work
Connector – Takes time to reflect on experiences; spends focused energy processing information, gaining deeper insights into problems, themselves and others as a result
Flexible – Remains engaged during stressful situations brought on by ambiguity and conflict
Courageous – Takes calculated risks and purposefully puts self in challenging situations where success is not always guaranteed
Tenacious self-starter with ability to drive to outcomes independently
Ability to lead and manage multiple, complex work-streams simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Demonstrates and embodies optimism, adaptability and agility in adjusting to new and emerging opportunities and challenges
Enhances team camaraderie; actively teaches, coaches and grows the team members' skills and capabilities
Travel requirements: Travel will be required, ~25-30% of time, in the US and Internationally
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.