Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Will support Community Development Finance Group. The Consultant will play an important role providing analytical, compliance, operational, and underwriting support for market-based, high impact loans and investments that benefit low- and moderate-income communities and individuals and address emerging community development needs in the U.S. especially in New York City. A successful candidate will be a quick and positive thinking problem-solver who can work on various financial transactions with diverse stakeholders.
Since its creation in 1990, our Client's New York City-based Community Development Finance Group (CDFG) has become a leader in providing innovative and catalytic capital for community development in the U.S. with aggregate commitments totaling more than $2 billion. The group is responsible for carrying out our Client's community development lending and investing under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). In meeting this mandate, the CDFG pursues a range of financing opportunities and strategies including those aimed at affordable housing and economic development, poverty alleviation, health care access and environmental sustainability.
The Community Development Consultant will report to the CDFG Director. The position involves a high level of coordination with other members of the CDFG team, a small dynamic unit with multiple roles and responsibilities.
• Support on completion of CDFG's Know Your Customer (KYC) process; interface with clients and customers to receive appropriate documentation, run due diligence searches, analyze and clear alerts and KYC findings as needed
• Provide analytic, operating and underwriting support to CDFG team with a focus on the loan and investment portfolio
• Participate in transaction approval and execution process, including assembling packages for credit risk management review, assembling necessary credit approval documentation and participating in transaction calls
• As requested, participate in loan and investment originations and diligence; analyze financing feasibility and conduct analysis of borrower experience and financial strength
• Coordinate and prepare quarterly and annual credit reviews and ensure compliance with borrower reporting requirements
• Assist with ongoing portfolio management duties including draw requests, modifications and extensions, and ensure disbursements and fundings are properly accounted for, covering loans, investments, as well as program-related investments
• Liaise with the operations areas of our Client to ensure that loans and investments are correctly booked and all appropriate external and internal closing requirements are met
• Support the preparation of various internal and external reporting including to CDFG and other Bank senior management
• Take on special projects as requested
• Two-to-four years of experience in an analytic role in the financial services (lending/investing), real estate or community development sectors preferably with a CDFI, bank or other financial institution; working knowledge of the community development and impact investment industry is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to analyze financial statements, business plans/projections, real estate projects and loan portfolios; a strong knowledge of accounting principles is helpful
• An ease with learning new systems/applications and strong Microsoft Excel capability
• High levels of organization, file management, and processing large amounts of information; some familiarity with KYC and/or Salesforce is helpful but not required
• Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively as a member of a small and dynamic team
• Effective time-management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload with minimal direct supervision
• Exceptional analytical, writing, presentation, and organization skills and an ability to communicate complex transactions in a straightforward manner
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.