Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Team Lead, Corporate Actions, Hedge Fund Services
The job involves working on a team working for Client Hedge Fund Services, a Global fund administrator, specializing in administering assets of complex hedge funds. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through
The incumbent will be responsible for managing within the Corporate Actions Group of Hedge Fund Services. The Corporate Actions Group is responsible for verification, settlement, and life cycle event processing related corporate action and dividend events in client accounts. In addition, oversight of the team's core functions will include daily interaction with shared service teams responsible for security master management, OTC derivatives, fixed income and foreign exchange trade processing, trade capture, clearing and settlement, relationship management, custody services and break reconciliation. The manager will also conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required as well as in-depth functional / industry knowledge. Leadership and organizational skills are required to develop periodic goals and to manage and motivate team members. Candidates should be highly flexible and adaptable to change. Technical skills / systems knowledge is a plus.
1. Responsible for managing a Corporate Actions/Dividends team within the Hedge Fund Services.
2. Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function. 3. As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
4. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
5. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
6. Conducts performance management and career development processes, provides input for staffing and disciplinary actions and provides hands-on training to staff.
7. Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work. 8. Provides input and support to budget management process.
9. Leads project initiatives related to the business functions of the team for process improvements, risk/gaps closure, new business and/or industry/client mandates.
• A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred.
• 8+ years' experience in the corporate actions operations environment with proven team leadership or management experience.
• Experience in self clearing/broker dealer operations is a plus.
• Experience in managing short term projects relating to automation, systems upgrades and/or client onboarding.
• Strong proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word (or related software).
• Experience with Bloomberg and DTC PTS terminal or web applications.
• Excellent English, grammar, written and oral communication skills.
• Understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Strong reasoning, organization, planning and leadership abilities.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.