Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
5+ month contract
**After a training period (schedule 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM), the position will be 12 hour night shift. (6 PM - 6 AM - rotating)**
Lab Analyst IPosition purpose:
This position performs routine and some non-routine testing on all samples in the quality control laboratory, providing analytical data to support; process control, quality control for product release, effluent treatment, process development, quality assurance of raw materials, effluent treatment, and process development.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position:
• Performs routine analytical testing on teams that work a variety of shifts that include working weekends and holidays. Requests additional work to increase team productivity.
•Prepares and analyzes numerous types of samples by a variety of physical and chemical analytical techniques using sophisticated analytical equipment. The instrumentation includes pH meters, density meters, PID meters, conductivity meters, viscometers, flash-point apparatus, spectrophotometers, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR), auto-titrators, ion chromatographs (IC), gas chromatographs (GC), High Pressure Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC), manual titrators and ovens. Diagnose and provide simple repairs/maintenance on all this equipment.
• Understands and operates; STARLiMS Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS); Chromeleon, Star, Galaxie laboratory data acquisition system, and other instrument-specific computer systems.
• Observes good safety and housekeeping practices. Fully participate in safety teams, completing all safety training and safety tasks
• Maintains laboratory supplies, prepares solutions, clean glassware, disposes of solid/liquid waste and other duties to help in the overall operations of the laboratory.
• Follow oral and written instructions. Reviews analytical data and various LIMS reports. Communicates and discusses any issues with other team members and supervision. Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledgeable of RCRA hazardous waste regulations, waste determinations, waste codes, and how to immediately communicate discovery of spills and leaks. Also must know labeling, inspection, and recordkeeping requirements to accumulate waste in: satellite accumulation areas, less than 90-day containers, and less than 90-day tanks.
• Initial RCRA hazardous waste training shall be completed within 6 months of starting job, and refresher training shall occur annually thereafter.
Work relations:• Reports to the Manager of Quality Control/ Quality Assurance
• Cooperates, communicates, and interfaces with: with: Other analysts, plant operators, material handlers, logistics, plant managers and engineers, third party technicians, vendors and suppliers, and process support to optimize productivity and prioritization.
Qualifications:BS degree in a science discipline and 2 years applicable laboratory experience or 20 hours of college chemistry and 3 years applicable laboratory experience or 10 hours college chemistry and 4 years applicable laboratory experience with extensive use of GC and HPLC or a High school diploma and 5 years applicable laboratory experience with extensive use of GC and HPLC.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.