Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Database Application DBA/Infrastructure Architect
The position is for a senior database application DBA/Infrastructure architect on the OTCDB team. The team is tasked with producing business critical transactional database systems as well as large Data Warehouses/Data Marts to meet scalability, stability and performance requirements for Trade Capture and Lifecycle Management applications within Institutional Sales & Trading.
Work will include designing, enhancing and developing databases across different database environments. The job will involve considering all aspects of the project life cycle and includes proof-of-concept evaluations, coding, designing, testing, implementing, deploying, and continued support of project releases as well as on-call Level 2 support.
Collaboration with the Firm's engineering teams is expected for storage/communication solutions.
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Database Infrastructure Engineering for stability and scalability, capacity planning
- Application DBA functions: plan & execute database schema changes, bottlenecks
analysis, outage prevention/resolution, server/database performance improvements,
database maintenance, database recovery
- Database development (stored procedures, ETL, tools) and queries/stored procedures
review and optimization
- Enforce database security, standards & guidelines
- Propose/review innovative solutions and implement them in production to achieve
- Expert in performance optimization on server, database, query, data structures and
data flow levels, with advanced database architecture knowledge and hands on
expertise in OLTP and Data Warehouse design, Federated database systems.
- Excellent Database Administration skills including in depth knowledge of new and
existing features to provide effective solutions for critical systems.
- Leader in outage resolutions and multi-team global turnovers.
- Escalation point for major issues.
- At least 5 years of experience in DB2 Linux relational database work, must have
exceptional hands-on application DBA skills. - DB2 Linux version 10 and above (SQL,
Temp tables, plan explains, MQTs, MDCs, referential integrity constraints, etc)
- Familiar with Erwin or some similar modeling tool
- Familiar with scripting language such as Python, Perl and Unix/K-Shell
- Strong knowledge base of relational database performance and tuning such as:
proper use of indices, database statistics/reorgs, de-normalization concepts
- Integrity & ownership
- Good team player
- Ability to work under time and resource dependencies and constraints
- Ability to find simple and effective solutions,
- High degree of motivation to expand technical and business knowledge.
- Communications skills are important as the candidate will need to work with other
internal/external developers who will be accessing the databases and have change
- Knowledge of other relational databases, especially solid Sybase expertise is a plus
- Versioning tools such as perforce
- Knowledge of the transactional database requirements of multiple financial asset
classes would be a great benefit
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.