Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Senior Software Engineer
1 Year Contract
You will be responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
• Responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Work with product line leaders and architects to develop multi generation software technology plans
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Support process improvements which guide the development, sustaining & support activities
• Coach, mentor and lead the team
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across SSG leadership team and with PLLs
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Java or Java Script OR Master's degree with 3 years of experience Java or Java Script
• Must be willing to travel (infrequent)
• Client Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Chicago, IL
• Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
• Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
• Experience with tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Experience working on software projects in the Healthcare regulated domain
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions.
• Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy.
• Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments.
• Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
• Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.