Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for managing, directing and overseeing the operations and administration of assigned projects and programs. This includes coordinating activities of Project Managers & Coordinators, department leaders, service engineers, consulting engineers and other project staff. The PM provides visible leadership, accountability and authority over high profile projects and programs delivered to Insight clients or internal leadership. The PM works independently and exhibits a high degree of initiative in resolving problems encountered and developing recommended solutions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Devotes 90% of time to leading and managing projects and programs. 10% of time to business development.
• Visible, accountable leader who oversees the successful delivery of Insight projects and programs for Insight clients and helps develop to new opportunities for future business.
• Work with internal leadership to help drive best practices, standards, and methodology to the regional practices.
• Ensures the change management process is utilized in order to maintain profitability and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Lead projects relative to milestone completion while managing to resource and financial budgets.
• Develops and implements complete project schedules to ensure required dates are met.
• Monitors and maintain client and internal project executive satisfaction by engaging in weekly or monthly status meetings.
• Participates in and helps contribute to scope Statements of Work (SOWs), and respond to RFPs as necessary.
• Presents Insight's Project Management and service capabilities to prospective clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, plus 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the IT services, IT Operations or professional services industry. 10 years experience preferred. Experiences in specific technology areas including networking, storage, infrastructure lifecycle services and enterprise systems a plus. Active PMI membership is desirable. Must have proven track record in mentoring and growing employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must be able to generate and manage detailed project plans. Must be able to manage technical resources working on multiple projects seamlessly. Must be an excellent communicator - both written and oral. Must have excellent customer relationship management skills and ability to interface seamlessly with sales staff. Must be able to run project update meeting with both technical and non-technical attendee's. Must possess leadership qualities and skills that motivate project team members to drive the project to a successful conclusion. Extensive experience in P&L responsibility for a technology services delivery team and proven success driving profitability and customer satisfaction required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business/ professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations. Ability to write reports and/or business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, other employees. Must be proficient in Microsoft tools including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, MS Project, MS Project Server, SharePoint Portal.
30-40% travel including shipyards, dry docks, in service deployments while ship is at sea. Interview process will include interview with Program Manager followed by 2nd interview with client. Hours include 8 hour days when working shoreside, shipboard/deployments in yard can be 10-12 hour days and including weekends.
Call Center migration experience, any Project Management related to projects implemented in a call center environment. Oversight of application development, implementation, monitoring & support also desired. Projects would require minimal travel and remain domestic.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.