Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Sr. Product Manager – Technical (PM-T) is responsible for developing inspiring service platform product visions, derived from identifying business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends that drive innovative and differentiated service platform product strategy. PM-Ts decompose business requirements and customer experiences into service platform level features and functions that drive the service product roadmap in order to meet the defined vision. PM-Ts identify and measure service product and business metrics to increase adoption and understand the business’ ongoing needs. They are the voice of the business customer and accountable for the platform services. The ideal candidate would have experience operating in technical environments and building services platforms. Bonus skills would include taking apart code monoliths to build a set of micro service products.
Day-to-day activities include:
• Leads the working backwards documents for a service product release
• Uses or commissions research, studies and focus groups to identify best-of-breed benchmarks for solving business problems
• Identifies meaningful components of competitive analysis that informs decisions for the service platform product portfolio and roadmaps
• Identifies innovations and leads “test and learn” experiments to create service products that increase customer value of the roadmap
• Participates in customer research with the business to gain end-to-end real-world understanding of customer needs and service product value
• Contributes to organizational planning
• Owns one-to-two year view of how the service platform product portfolio solves business and customer needs
• Makes trade-off decisions on multiple service platform products in a portfolio
• Exhibits expertise across multiple service platform products and builds tight connections to resources to drive efficiencies.
• Develops business and service requirements
• Sets the direction for the service design of assigned products
• Determines release goals for services, prioritizes features according to business and service needs, and adjusting throughout the implementation as needed
• Continuously monitors feature development through a bug catalog at the service level
• Reviews the service demo with the development team against the acceptance criteria for his / her component of a product
• Prepares service product documentation, ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams.
• Creates and monitors KPIs for assigned product features
• For any issues, assesses the alternatives to resolve (“path to green”) and builds a plan for resolution
• Owns and delivers on post-launch reviews and business customer feedback, drives the associated actions, and incorporates feedback into the future launch plans
• Shares best practice with other Client teams
• Engages with business customers to identify key service platform product issues; solicits feedback on roadmap
• Leverages data analysis skills to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership
• Oversees team-wide operations, leads junior PM-Ts who may own individual components, and coordinates team-wide improvement goals
• Represents Client with external stakeholders for escalations and during strategic roadmap discussions
• Drives adoption of existing services into multiple marketplaces (in some cases simultaneously) with minimal engagement from leadership
• Identifies short- and medium-term risks to service product development and adoption, proposing solutions to address them
• Describes strategic importance of vision inside and outside of the team
• Sets and articulates expectations around leadership behavior for team; models behavior that exemplifies the leadership standards
• Scrum and Agile experience a plus
Education Level: Undergraduate Degree
Primary Location: Irving, Texas
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.