Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
1 year contract
-Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards
-Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.)
-Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary
-Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionalityInspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed
-Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.)
-Undertake activities of pest control such as spraying insecticide
-Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.)
-Assist in budget preparation and ensure it is followed
-Proven experience as maintenance technician
-Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems
-Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods
-Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices
-Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
-Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
-High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus
-Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desiredExperience = 0-3 years
-The primary function of this job is to ensure proper maintenance within the facility and to ensure timely production of high quality products in a cost efficient, safe, and environmentally responsible manner.
-The job requires technical and problem solving skills.
-Work activities include the repair and maintenance of the facility and its equipment.
-May be required to attend annual RCRA training and have back up responsibilities for the disposition of hazardous waste generated by the site. Knowledge and Experience
• Must have working knowledge of single and three (3) phase industrial electricity, machine repair, arc welding, and the use of a cutting torch.
• Must be able to read, count, lift products (55LB) as required, and perform general labor work.
• Must be able to maintain legible and accurate counts and paperwork as required.
• Must perform all duties to the satisfaction of the maintenance supervisor.
• Must maintain good safety and housekeeping habits.
•Demonstrated mechanical and electrical abilities/experience will be considered.
• A Technical Degree or equivalent of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
Core Responsibilities Responsibility % of time
• Performs routine and preventative maintenance on plant equipment and the facility in a timely and efficient manner.
• Troubleshoots and solves maintenance issues.
• Must be able to work alone when necessary in completing maintenance work and be able to work from written instructions.
• Must know how to use hand tools, power tools, cutting and burning equipment, welding equipment, and operate material handling equipment.
• Completes all necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
• Keeps work area clean and organized.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Follow all appropriate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies.
• Wears prescribed Personal Protective Equipment and ensures that prescribed safeguards are properly used.
• Notifies his/her supervisor before undertaking a work activity in which he/she is not adequately trained.
• Immediately reports unsafe acts or conditions to his/her supervisor and takes immediate interim steps to protect himself/herself and others from serious risk.
• Understands that Safety and Environmental responsibility is a major part of Client's Principles. Must report all unsafe conditions and accidents immediately to appropriate manager. Responsible for the safety of themselves and others.
• Must understand and follow all quality initiatives and processes for ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001:2004 and other ISO regulations, procedures and processes as they pertain to job responsibilities.
• Maintain focus at all times on environmental, health and safety aspects from planning through execution of tasks assigned.
Support applicable Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, capital project reviews, regulatory PHAs (revalidations, clean-sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities as required or assigned.
Ensure the on time completion of Process Safety related mechanical integrity inspections as assigned.
Utilize Management of Change (MOC) to assure timely communication and training of process related changes to affected personnel.
As required, participate in any process safety related incident investigations and completion of assigned action items in a timely manner. These tasks may be required as dictated by your duties.
• Assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high performance team-based organization.
•Address and raise the EHS standards
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.