Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Client is seeking a Back End Java Developer for a contract in Smithfield, RI.
No Corp. to Corp. or 3rd party
Java Spring Batch is key...
Client is hiring for Senior Software Engineer. This Position is based in Smithfield, Rhode Island.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will provide technical vision and leadership over critical capabilities in support of the Data Management business vision and act as an agent of change in modernizing distributed batch management solutions to align with the Enterprise goal to move toward cloud-based solutions. You will and champion innovative ideas that drive business value. You will be a leader on the team who defines and maintains our overall technical strategy. You will mentor junior software engineers and guide them to align with the broader strategy.
The Skills You Bring
• You will lead design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and are aligned to Enterprise and FIAM strategic direction.
• Demonstrated expertise of the Java platform including Spring Core, Spring Batch, and Spring Integration.
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
• A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product is essential.
• Knowledge of batch job scheduling and dependency management using BMC Control-M for distributed systems.
• Experience designing and implementing successful complex technical solutions, preferably batch and stream processing data management implementations
• Thorough understanding of data management principles: data modeling, data movement, and data access design patterns.
• Experience with architectural design patterns for High Availability, Performance, and Disaster Recovery.
• Knowledge of the "Batch Applications for the Java Platform (JSR-352)” specification.
• Experience with developing data intensive applications and stream data processing using tools like Sqoop, Kafka, Spark, StreamSets, etc.
• Knowledge of NoSQL database technologies, e.g. Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
• Expertise in ALM Tool Stack and CI/CD patterns using Jenkins, JIRA, and Git.
• Understanding of Cloud Computing and DevOps concepts. Exposure to vendor cloud offerings such as AWS and Azure.
• Understanding of Container concepts using Docker and or
• Knowledge of Security, Authentication, Authorization, Data privacy / encryption, Identity and Access Management (IAM), Cryptography and Key Management
• Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Oracle Exadata 12c).
• Advance experience with PL/SQL and complex queries.
• Knowledge of Dimensional data modeling and Star Schema concepts
The Value You Deliver
• Articulate strategic data requirements and outline high level integrated designs to meet those requirements.
• Collaborate with solution architects to define the technical solution for data access, data movement, and data transformation.
• Specify and recommend tools to support data management, data modeling, business intelligence and analytics capabilities.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Client Institutional Asset Management serves tens of thousands of investment professionals who are helping investors reach their full financial potential. We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer, in FIAM Technology, who can focus on the tactical details of delivery while not losing sight of the strategic big picture.
In this role, you will provide technical leadership to teams as they deliver timely, relevant technology solutions that enable the business to make key decisions to help our investment professional clients grow their business. You will also constantly strive to use automation and process redesign to increase efficiency and lower the cost of solution delivery.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.