Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
First Shift: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM CST (1 hour lunch)
Job Function: Material Handler is responsible for assignments involving the handling of client IT equipment within the Custom Configuration Lab, Advanced Integration Lab, or National Repair Center (“the Labs”) and delivery to the Shipping Department. Incumbent manages the flow of product for the Labs including boxing, unboxing, foam packaging, scanning serial numbers and asset tag information into Excel or SAP, moving product, and processing orders for delivery to the shipping department.
Work Performed: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Boxing, un-boxing, scanning, moving and processing orders for delivery to the shipping dept.
• Keep work areas clean after orders have been processed for the day.
• Provide Labs Management with reports that include daily and/or weekly productivity.
• Time management skills to ensure the efficient utilization of Insight resources including parts, tools, inventory, own time, etc.
• Train other Material Handlers to ensure they are using current client packing instructions.
• Ability to navigate through SAP and Excel software used for order processing.
• Maintain and protect Insight assets and property, including spare parts, client-supplied product, loaners, tools, test equipment, etc.
• Escalate problems and issue to Lab Management as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, problems exceeding commitments with regard to response time, lack of spare parts, training, or any other actual or potential client satisfaction issues.
• Represent Insight in a professional and business-like manner and communicates effectively with Insight’s associates and their client’s.
• Complete all required documentation involved within a project to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty or contract. This includes getting all required information to the Lab management immediately.
• Maintain efficient utilization of space in the lab.
• Assist other team members on projects as assigned.
• Ability to use a pallet jack is required for this position.
• Ability to use a stand up forklift when required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must have good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others. Knowledge of ISO Quality process and other Quality Systems a plus. Two years of warehouse experience desired. Must be able to comprehend, speak, read, and write in English. Must be client satisfaction oriented. Ability to work independently a must. Basic knowledge of MS Office products. Must be able to individually lift 50 lbs. and “group lift”.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Moderate noise (i.e. warehouse environment).
• Ability to work in a confined area.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to stand heat during foam packing.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
• Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equilavent combination of education and experience at a minimum.
• Ability to speak and read English.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.