Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Services Technician performs configuration, modification, repair, testing and/or servicing on IT devices, including, but not limited to: hardware and peripherals and software configuration.
1st shift- hours will vary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Configure hardware including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers.
• Deploy images and customize software based on provided work instructions.
• Identify and troubleshoot system hardware problems.
• Perform Quality Control inspections.
• Provide Labs Management with reports that include daily and/or weekly productivity.
• Time management skills to ensure the efficient utilization of Insight resources including parts, tools, inventory, own time, etc.
• Ability to navigate through SAP and Excel software used for order processing.
• Maintain and protect Insight assets and property, including spare parts, client-supplied product, loaners, tools, test equipment, etc.
• Escalate problems and issue to Lab Management as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, problems exceeding commitments with regard to response time, lack of spare parts, training, or any other actual or potential client satisfaction issues.
• Represent Insight in a professional and business-like manner and communicates effectively with Insight's associates and their client's.
• Complete all required documentation involved within a project to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty or contract. This includes getting all required information to the Lab management immediately.
• Maintain efficient utilization of space in the lab.
• Assist other team members on projects as assigned.
• Ability to use a pallet jack is required for this position.
• For National Repair Center assignments: Performs necessary hardware and peripheral repairs. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying the problem and determining the most efficient and cost effective way to resolve the problem, keeping customer downtime to a minimum.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PC's, messaging and server software applications experience required. LAN/WAN, and ability to automate tasks using basic scripting techniques a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, vendor diagnostics, imaging software such as Ghost, MDT, or SCCM.
• Minimum of one year hardware troubleshooting experience, which needs to include laptops and desktop for Tier One vendors.
• Should also be familiar with vendor web sites in order to find hardware updates, driver updates, and engineering changes) as well as on multiple Tier One products (IBM, Compaq, Client, Toshiba).
• A+ certification and at least one vendor hardware certification required. Minimum of one (1) year bench and/or on-site service technical experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High level of technical proficiency with IT equipment is a must. Working knowledge in major desktop operating systems (Windows 7, 8.x, 10, OSX, iOS). Comfort and familiarity with assembly and re-assembly of devices is required. Excellent troubleshooting skills needed. Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company's business and systems strategies. Ability to enter data into systems accurately required. Must have the ability to multitask with strong organization and time management skills. Must be able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints within a timely fashion. Knowledge of receiving, warehouse and safety procedures a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, reach, stoop and kneel.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus due to computer work.
• Moderate to heavy lifting is required.
• Ability to uphold the stress of traveling.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a teammate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
• Ability to work in a confined area.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.