Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Technical Business Analyst needed for major Financial client in New York, NY.
The Data Center of Excellence department is recruiting for an enthusiastic and delivery focused technical business analyst who will partner with other technology and business departments to develop and execute on a data strategy and deliver improvements to data quality. The team vision is a multi-year effort to simplify the firm's data architecture front-to-back with the goals of reducing infrastructure and Client costs, improving the ability to demonstrate control for data, empowering developers by providing consistent means of handling data and providing a platform to implement future change initiatives faster, cheaper and easier.
*We are a relatively small, lean team of around 40 people, globally distributed between London, New York, Montreal and Shanghai and are engaged in a wide array of projects touching virtually every single vertical asset class and horizontal function within the Institutional Securities Technology and Corporate and Funding Technology groups.
* Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Computational Mathematics or a related field, and five (5) years of relevant experience developing applications for a global financial services institution; OR Bachelor's degree in same fields and eight (8) years of relevant experience.
* Excellent understanding of Equity Structured Products and Derivatives - Pre-trade and trade capture functions as well as front-to-back Lifecycle management.
* Understanding of various front, middle and back office functions including but not limited to Pricing, Trade Booking, RFQ,
* Position, Risk and PnL Management
* Term sheet and Confirmations, Cash flow management, physical settlement, Upsize, Redemption, Retirement, Autocall, Novations.
* Experience working with various front-to-back functions like Sales and Trading, Quants, Operations, Finance, Treasury, Settlements, Documentation, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Liquidity Risk, Collateral and Margins
* Excellent track record of business analysis, application product development and delivery of complex global projects in Financial services domain
* Experience in designing and delivering computer applications via established software project development lifecycle models like Agile
* Experience with SQL for Sybase/DB2 databases
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills
* Project and Program management experience, ability to work with senior stakeholders, bringing different teams together to execute on a plan towards a common goal.
* Be embedded within any number of technology teams supporting different business lines or functions, with the goal of understanding and documenting their front-to-back architecture and processes, identifying gaps and problems, developing a roadmap for the evolution of that architecture and executing on the roadmap. (Equity Structured Products and Derivatives is the current key focus area).
* Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders in both Technology and the Business outside your immediate area of expertise, and affect real change in both business process and technical architecture.
* Leverage deep business and systems knowledge in a particular area to realize tangible business benefit through adopting the data strategy and architecture principles.
* Leverage your strong technical focus and demonstrable experience of architecting technology solutions.
* Design, development and delivery of computer applications for business units like Collateral, Liquidity & Treasury, Finance, Commodities, Firm Risk, Loans, Sales and Trading, Operations.
* Be resilient to setbacks and relentless in the pursuit of the real business problem.
* Additional responsibilities will be to engage in a number of division-wide front-to-back business problems, understand and document the impact, and propose and gain support for solutions
* The role offers many opportunities to build a wide and diverse network and have a broad and deep impact across departments.
Desired Skills (Nice to Have, not required):
* Experience with Agile Software Development Lifecycle methodology and related tooling. For example - Agile plug-ins for JIRA, Scrum and Product backlog management, BDD using tools like JBehave or Cucumber etc.
* Technical background with emphasis on data flows & data architecture.
* Experience with analysis, design, development and support of multi-tier desktop or server side distributed applications written using technologies like Java, C#, Perl, Python, Sybase/DB2, and Object Oriented Programming principles.
* Experience with front to back functions across multiple asset classes
* Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, Credit etc.
* Experience with data-centric strategies, tools and technologies around data lineage, enterprise dictionaries, common access layer, golden source identification / master data management, ontology management, Data DevOps
Institutional Securities Technology
Brokerage is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Brokerage can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Technology Technology works as a strategic partner with Brokerage business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Brokerage's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses?and to our own. Institutional Securities Technology (IST) Institutional Securities Technology (IST) is part of Technology. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, IST provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.