Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
A Major Financial Firm is in need of Technical Lead in Charlotte NC
A Principal Technical Lead is a hands-on development engineer who is comfortable coding 50% of their day while also overseeing the daily work of the development team. This includes providing the ongoing direction and design of the application suite. This person is a leader, who also loves code. Beyond technical capabilities we are also looking for a person who can take diverse and changing requirements and turn them into actionable plans. The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of a financial organization. Additional responsibilities include mentoring the team, driving Agile methodology, tracking the current tasks of the team members, and escalating issues as needed. The successful applicant will work closely with Business teams including Business Analysts, other Technical Leads, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions, while providing the necessary leadership to deliver releases on time and on budget.
• Leads the analysis and application of engineering patterns and methodologies (REST, Soap, etc.) used
• Designs technical specifications and authors tech. design documents.
• Designs and develops user interfaces, application programs using the technical specifications and design documents
• Possesses and applies a broad range of expertise of principles, practices and procedures of particular function to the completion of complex assignments
• Recommends improvements to the SDLC and other departmental processes
• Works on more complex projects independently
• Improves the reliability and utilization of systems and applications
• At the highest levels in this role facilitates guidance and training to less experienced staff
• At the highest level, refers only the most complex problems to higher level staff
• Monitors software configuration changes to anticipate and address the impact of data reliability and customer satisfaction issues.
• May coordinate sustaining support for 1-2 application platforms or business processes
• Effective Verbal and written Communication with peers, leaders, and business customers on complex level User Interface Design, Application Programming Skills and development methodologies (data structures, algorithms and design patterns),
• Expert level understanding and experience with Software Debugging and integration techniques.(Xcode, Swift, and Objective C)
• Performs peer code reviews
• 40% Development and unit testing complex code for new enhancements and to fix defects for one to many projects based on detailed specifications and conducts unit testing.
• 60% Designing technical specifications and authoring tech. design documents for multiple projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
• Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications
• Experience integrating with RESTful API backends
• Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment
• Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills
• Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
• Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
• Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
• 7-10 years of experience as a Tech Lead managing others.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.