Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
A Major Financial Firm located in Charlotte, NC has an immediate contract opportunity for a Scrum Master.
Candidate will work with the feature teams to delivery committed features and capabilities for 2018. Without this role, the features/capabilities across the program will be delayed. The candidate will interacts with multiple business partners and coordinates delivery across multiple work teams. As an Scrum Master, the role will continue to require ongoing interactions inside and outside the organization. The person currently does not have direct reports and will not in the proposed role.
Candidate will partner with business and IT teams to create and manage sprint plans, backlogs and reporting for the release progress across multiple scrum teams.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to self-organize
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog, release planning and sprint planning.
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM )
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum " what is "not Scrum "
- Experience in running Release Trains as part of a Scalable Agile Framework(SAFe) Program.
- Experienced in using Jira to run individual Release Trains, AgileCraft a plus.
- Experience with "training on the run” for team members that are new to Agile and require help across people, process and tools.Microsite Office Suite, JIRA, SharePoint, Teradata/Oracle DB, Clarity
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least four years for a software development team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in at least one Agile approach other than Scrum: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Prior development experience, design experience with MVC, Service Architectures and/or B.S. in Computer Science a plus
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Kanban, Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience in a Financial Services Enterprise transitioning from Waterfall to Agile.
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.