Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
A Major Financial Firm is in need of a Devops Engineer in Charlotte NC
DevOps Engineer - Experienced Developer
A DevOps Engineer understands the needs and challenges of both application development and system configuration and operations. Develops and supports Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems, Cloud Deployment Architectures, Automated Provisioning/Deployment/Testing Frameworks, as well as application Monitoring and Performance Validation, through the establishment and adoption of DevOps principles in the midst of active project delivery.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the creation of CI/CD systems, encapsulate knowledge and hands on experience in both development and system configuration, plus demonstrate the ability to interact, develop, engineer and communicate collaboratively with multiple development and infrastructure teams. Although few candidates will have the entire skillset the team is looking for someone who is motivated to fix problems and learn new as they go while contributing to the team in skill areas they currently possess.
This position is for an experienced developer with operations/system administration skills looking to bring both skill sets to bear in developing a new, robust continuous integration environment through partnerships with development teams and infrastructure organizations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or Associates degree and 5+ years of experience
• 3-7 years of experience in a software development environment
Knowledge and Skills
• Solid experience in continuous integration servers and tools (Jenkins, Hudson, etc.)
• Experience with automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Experience in Agile, and Continuous Delivery, and DevOps practices
• Has developed knowledge of the Java programing language
• Proficient in Scripting languages (Groovy, Python, etc. )
• Exhibits problem solving skills
• Has knowledge of JUnit Testing
• SCM tools (Git, Jira)
• Build tools (Maven, Gradle)
• Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Virtualization (VMWare, AWS, etc.)
• Configuration and Provisioning Management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• Familiarity with static and dynamic analysis tools (SonarQube, etc.)
• Application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Tomcat)
• Working experience on Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
Open Shift - Containers - Kubernetes
Roles and Responsibilities
• Uses a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
• Strong grasp of automation tools with the ability to code and script
• Experience with systems and IT operations to turn requirements into code
• Supports developers through automation of CI/CD systems allowing nore efficient development, build, deployment and testing of software
• Is able to learn, maintain, and automate processes for existing applications
• Effectively collaborates and communicates with development and infrastructure teams
• Understands the infrastructure, process, procedures, and solutions at Envisage and Client.
• Produces appropriate documentation
• Demonstrates the ability to interact, communicate, and work collaboratively with multiple teams and organizations.
• Is honest and ethical
• Demonstrates problem solving abilities and self-learning
• Has the ability to work with self-guidance and without supervision
• Addresses issues and solves problems in a timely fashion
Apply by creating/using an account
Axelon Services, Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.